Colts are in trouble. Dammit.

Captain Fathead

• Members

I never like to see teams get hit by injuries like that. :(

I certainly can empathize as a Pats fan, considering the incredible amount of injuries we've had in recent years. Heck, remember the NE-Ind snow bowl game? We had an undrafted rookie street-pickup free agent and elder statesman WR Troy Brown as our starting CBs! :eek:

That said, the Colts have been remarkably injury-free for the most part the past few seasons, so now its their time to man up and see what they can do. However, there's big difference between how the Colts and the Pats are built - the Pats have a much thicker 'middle class' on their roster (players earning around $1mil+), and the team has been built with flexibility in mind. On the other hand, the Colts have been built around some great top players and a much leaner middle class - that gamble has paid off for the Colts the past few years, but now the injury bug has finally hit them.

One curious point is to notice the number of additional injuries that typically beset teams who play deep into the previous year's/years' post-season(s).

• Members

I never like to see teams get hit by injuries like that.
:(

I certainly can empathize as a Pats fan, considering the incredible amount of injuries we've had in recent years. Heck, remember the NE-Ind snow bowl game? We had an undrafted rookie street-pickup free agent and elder statesman WR Troy Brown as our starting CBs!
:eek:

That said, the Colts have been remarkably injury-free for the most part the past few seasons, so now its their time to man up and see what they can do. However, there's big difference between how the Colts and the Pats are built - the Pats have a much thicker 'middle class' on their roster (players earning around $1mil+), and the team has been built with flexibility in mind. On the other hand, the Colts have been built around some great top players and a much leaner middle class - that gamble has paid off for the Colts the past few years, but now the injury bug has finally hit them.

One curious point is to notice the number of additional injuries that typically beset teams who play deep into the previous year's/years' post-season(s).

Sanders was out for most of last year, and having him back for the post season revitalized the team. Freeney's out for the season :cry:

I don't know a lot about the replacement they picked up, but there is no way he's going to play where Freeney's been. Flexibility has never been the colts strong point :(

We'll see how we do against the chiefs. After Sunday, i think it'll be clear if we're officially screwed or not.

• Members

I don't know a lot about the replacement they picked up, but there is no way he's going to play where Freeney's been. Flexibility has never been the colts strong point
:(

Simeon Rice...played a great deal of his career at TB. He's what you'd call an 'elder statesman'...

The bad: He's been sitting around, hoping to be signed by someone. The problem was, nobody really wanted him, and for good reason. He doesn't have much left.

The good: He was signed to the veteran minimum so carries very little risk. He's another body to rotate in on the d-line for the Colts, and he's a veteran - so he likely won't make many mistakes and can potentially provide some leadership. He's a depth signing, and will be in the d-line rotation without having to be 'the man.' That said, at this point in his career, you don't WANT him to be 'the man.' ;)

• Members

Simeon Rice...played a great deal of his career at TB. He's what you'd call an 'elder statesman'...

The bad: He's been sitting around, hoping to be signed by someone. The problem was, nobody really wanted him, and for good reason. He doesn't have much left.

The Broncos just cut him. That's saying alot when we have one of the weakest D's in the league. :D

C7

Archived