Our first music video!

Clatter

• Members

Oh, you don't know how much that means to me, Renfield! There are so many days when I wonder why the heck I'm putting myself through it all, why I'm sticking it out in a ridiculous and unrelenting industry doing something that is pretty out there. But hearing stuff like that totally makes it all worth while!!!!

You are most welcome. I just checked out Toupe, thanks for the tip. Interesting sound for sure, the vocals bug me a little though, but some neat ideas.

I'm not overly worried about my ability to fill in the sound by myself (look at the clarity thread, I describe my old rig in great detail there), it's more a matter of an inability to write enough riffs to fill out a set and still be engaging BECAUSE I am the only one with strings. A second bass player could lay down some more straight up stuff, leaving me to chord (I like chording WAY too much) and fill in the upper register more. I think I'd be happier in a band like that, no guitardists allowed. :mad:

I think the way I hear things in my head, how I'd like to sound that is, would be somewhere between Girls Against Boys, Death From Above 1979 and Muse, at least from a bass players perspective that is. Yes, I own 4 different fuzz pedals, what is your point? ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And Canada. We have to have the most 2 piece, (bass and drums) bands per capita than any other country. We get you here
:)

I would LOVE to go back to Canada! We only made it to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, so we've got a lot more ground to cover! Although we may not be admitted after daring to cover a Rush song

• Members

Found it finally. Amy, if curious...
here is the thread I mentioned
that I detailed my old rig. I figured you'd appreciate, I've seen pix of your set up. and it definitely gets
:thu:
:thu: from me.

:eek::eek::eek:

Would you be MY bass tech?!? Pretty please?? :D

That sounds like an amazing rig! How lucky to have someone to help you haul it around and set it up, too! It's my ultimate dream. And I've never run into anyone else who uses an Akai sequencer live, either! I would have loved to have heard how all that sounded. Must have been a monster tone!! :thu:

• Members

You made it into New Brunswick?? Where was I hanging out then? I ALMOST made it to the Sydney show, but I was taking the ferry to Newfoundland that night and couldn't swing it.
:cry:

We met the craziest Newfie in NB who told us all about screech! It was awesome.

We played in Moncton after the Sydney shows. We loved being in Canada! I hope we get the chance to go back and play more places. :thu:

• Members

:eek:

Would you be MY bass tech?!? Pretty please??
:D

That sounds like an amazing rig! How lucky to have someone to help you haul it around and set it up, too! It's my ultimate dream. And I've never run into anyone else who uses an Akai sequencer live, either! I would have loved to have heard how all that sounded. Must have been a monster tone!!

It's pretty hard to pass on an offer like that. :cool:

But I don't know if I could afford to take leave and go out on the road with you, as much fun as I am sure it would be. But if you ever swing this way at all, I'll definitely do a local show for ya, just for kicks. Maybe take a look at exactly how you have it all wired up, see if I can make any suggestions for you too.

I still do some light touring/teching work when I get the odd call, but it's been a couple years now since teching was my full time job. Now I am more of a consultant than anything. I stick with the day job, and just use my powers to help those in need.

I'm in good with a local promoter too, if you wanted to play some shows in smaller towns (200,000 or so), not just the big city of Toronto, I'm sure I could make a few phone calls on your behalf.

• Members

We met the craziest Newfie in NB who told us all about screech! It was awesome.

We played in Moncton after the Sydney shows. We loved being in Canada! I hope we get the chance to go back and play more places.

Ah that makes sense then, I remember being disappointed that I had to miss it. Ah well, Moncton's an alright spot but the scene is pretty focused on bad metal/punk. Fredericton's much more welcoming :D (really though if you ever thought about heading back up north, I could put you in touch with the right people around here.

Do you remember what place you played in Moncton by chance? I've done a show or two that way, interesting town.

• Members

We played at the Paramount Lounge in Moncton. I think there was a big room and a small room; we played in the small room. It was sparsely attended, but fun! The people there were very fun and enthusiastic. It would be great to get back there some time!

Thanks, James! :)

• Members

But if you ever swing this way at all, I'll definitely do a local show for ya, just for kicks. Maybe take a look at exactly how you have it all wired up, see if I can make any suggestions for you too.

I'm in good with a local promoter too, if you wanted to play some shows in smaller towns (200,000 or so), not just the big city of Toronto, I'm sure I could make a few phone calls on your behalf.

That would be awesome!! Maybe when we get back from Europe we can do some touring up Canada way. It would be perfect during the hot summer, actually!

Archived