cover band peeps

rikshaw

• Members

what is the least amount that you get paid for a gig? i've got a new cover band opportunity but it looks like we are going to be getting about half what i've made in the past. i don't know if i've been really lucky before or if this is something that i should pass on.

thanks

• Members

what is the least amount that you get paid for a gig? i've got a new cover band opportunity but it looks like we are going to be getting about half what i've made in the past. i don't know if i've been really lucky before or if this is something that i should pass on.

thanks

it reaally depends on how popular and sought after the band is will determine how much a club is willing to pay out for a show.

if there is no doubt you can pack the house because of the bands rep then you will be paid better than a band anyone hardly knows.

sighn on and see where it goes.

success starts at the bottom of the ladder most of the time

• Members

Im off tonight YAY!!

We try, at a minimum, to get $100 per man per gig ( I sometimes do doubles), otherwise I dont want to get my cute ass off the sofa....I do a play a few that pay only $75 per man (plus tips) because I may have had a lite gig week (like this week) or I just like the gig, but I also balance those with a few that pay between $125 and $150 per man, like my weekenders, so it works out in the wash

Corporate gigs, weddings, private parties, etc always pay more ( Per man between $125 - $300 and occasionally more than that), especially New Years

...and I sigged ya :D

• Members

...between $125 and $150 per
sexy
man

thats pretty good. my last cover band was making right at 100 each every night after paying the sound guy but that was a band that had an agent. i've been in 'decent' bands here without an agent and they can't pull that much money.

i play originals too and we don't get paid around here for that. thats fine. i have no problem with that but i want to make it worth my while to get up there and do the whole covers thing.

• Members

It varies for us base don how much effort I put into it.

We play Winston's for next to nothing because we like the place and I don't run lights or subs. Same for Phil's Grill. I consider those to be dressed rehearsals where we get free drinks.

At places where I run full sound and lights, it's no less than $400.

Most places around here aren't going to pay more than $400 to a cover band unless you have a following and can pack the place.

• Members

I've been paid in beer and nachos WAY too many times to even recall. And that's after driving 3-4 hours to get there.

My last band I made between $200-300 a show for a 3 hour gig. Not too bad. Now it takes a bill, and most places are starting to realize that.

• Members

I'm playing a gig this weekend for 15% of the bar take. I have no idea what that will be.

I'm thinking that if somewhere between 50 and 100 people each consume between 5 and 8 drinks at a profit margin of $2 to $4 per drink we are looking at somewhere between $75 and $480.

I'm betting on the low end.

• Members

Sounds like you shouldn't book at that place again, most likely...

It seems like the baseline price for a band here is $100 per man to start. As the band gets steam, that quickly goes up. A $2000 payday is very easy to work up to here ($500 a man for our band) and fairs, corporate gigs, parties, etc. are often more.

• Members

You are correct justinbass, I play in The Eggmen, a Beatles/Sixties cover band. We've won the Austin Chronicle Music Award for Best Cover Band 5 years in a row.

Been together since '91.

RSB, everyone else has a (fill-in)sub except me. I'm the only member who's never missed a show.

www.eggmen.com

Awesome man. Not my fave style of music, but with those kind of credentials, I'm sure y'all pretty much smoke! :)

Nice website, btw too!

• Members

"Weddings cost more."

ABSOLUTELY!!

Weddings are a pain in the ass, so the money's gotta be good. We do a LOT of weddings.

:D

I'm glad somebody understands. We don't like doing them so we quote a high price. 4 or 5 grand. It's amazing how many will pay it. It's usually people who saw us somewhere.

• Members

I'm glad somebody understands. We don't like doing them so we quote a high price. 4 or 5 grand. It's amazing how many will pay it. It's usually people who saw us somewhere.

"Good luck finding a DJ who can move, and shake, like thiiiiiiiiiiiissssss!"

Archived