My car is totaled

Bluescout

• Members

I was driving home from doing some work and a girl coming the other way decided to bear left and head on into me. Ouch. My poor little Dodge Stratus is gone. I've had it for 115K miles and it was so cheap to run and I kept it in great running condition.

And now this little dip{censored} pop-tart has ruined it by steering directly into the front of the car that had headlights on her!!!!! WTF??? Now I'll have to add plenty of money I don't have to the $2K they'll give me for the car to get a new one, and my insurance will probably go up too!!

GODDAM LITTLE BITCH! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING DAMMIT!!!!

Rant over... for tonight :mad: :mad:

• Members

So sorry to hear this. Are you hurt at all?

I can feel your pain, honest! Same thing happened to me about 5.5 weeks ago, and I just got the value of what they'll give me for my car today. Also, been in therapy since the accident happened. And hope the physical things tame down soon.

Hope it goes well for you.

• Members

That sucks! At least you're allright. People are idiots!

Every day, no matter where I go, I see some moron texting while driving or looking up some stupid number in their stupid effing phone. One of these jackasses is going to kill someone and I have this horrible nightmare every time I go out that it's going to be me and my little girl.

• Members

Make sure you use the
you talk to your insurance about Fair Market Value.

they're the standard more and more these days and offer a lot more than Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds.

+1

Nada guides is the standard. A lot of insurance companies just look up the car's value on that and give whatever it says. Some of them won't even budge from that figure. When my car got hit while it was parked on the street, the dude's insurance company gave me the NADA value to the penny.

• Members

This is precisely why I don't drive. I'm paranoid, and there are lots of idiots on the road. Especially the Asians here... Sorry if it sounds racist, but that really is the way things are here. They're allowed translators for the written tests if they don't speak English, and then they go to other Asians for the road test. So they don't even need to know {censored} to get a license. Afterwards, they drive to the end of the merge lane before merging, cut across 4 lanes without signaling, and don't shoulder check (or if they do, they're too short to see anything anyways!). :mad:

• Members

Rob, don't {censored} around, get to a doctor and have him look you over, I mean like now, if you haven't already done so. If anything surfaces, like a back or neck injury, and you haven't gone to get checked out, it's going to be a lot harder to deal with.

My brother got hit by a schoolbus that ran a Stop sign and it screwed up his back something fierce. But because he felt OK after the accident, he didn't bother to call his doctor. He always regretted that.

I hope that you're alright, buddy.

No doubt that thing was running in perfect condition, I woudn't expect anything less. There's a creampuff car out there with your name on it. Don't get crazy and buy something you can't afford.

• Members
Rob, don't {censored} around, get to a doctor and have him look you over, I mean like now, if you haven't already done so. If anything surfaces, like a back or neck injury, and you haven't gone to get checked out, it's going to be a lot harder to deal with.

My brother got hit by a schoolbus that ran a Stop sign and it screwed up his back something fierce. But because he felt OK after the accident, he didn't bother to call his doctor. He always regretted that.

I hope that you're alright, buddy.

No doubt that thing was running in perfect condition, I woudn't expect anything less. There's a creampuff car out there with your name on it. Don't get crazy and buy something you can't afford.

+1 to that!!!

• Members

I hate this!!! Now I have a bunch of paperwork to do! And my insurance will go up because when I buy a new car, it'll be newer and I'll have to put collision insurance on it.

I hear you about getting checked out but I SWEAR I can't handle waiting 4 hours at an ER for some dumb ass talking monkey to tell me I'm fine. I'll end up throttling him.

Maybe I'll call my personal doctor.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

• Members

Maybe I'll call my personal doctor.

That is your best bet. I would never be able to wait at the ER for something like this either (unless I was injured enough that I had no choice). I just called up my doctor the next day and went in that afternoon. Everything was still covered by insurance.

• Members

That is your best bet. I would never be able to wait at the ER for something like this either (unless I was injured enough that I had no choice). I just called up my doctor the next day and went in that afternoon. Everything was still covered by insurance.

Yep, 10 minutes at the doctor, and 10 minutes in the X-Ray room at the hospital. THAT I can live with.

Archived