In Hopes of Making Stormtrooper Feel Betta on the Bass Forum

T. Alan Smith

• Members

Listening to "Tom Jones Boots" . . . .feels like I should be wearing all-white 60's hippster clothes in a bright all-white environment, white and glass, drinking some space-age martini from a feaky-shaped glass, where all the women look like Twiggy. . . .straight blonde hair and no hips, all stoned eyes and teeth.

• Members

"Cooler Days Ahead". . .an old farm pickup, smells like hot vinyl and hay, undertones of dogs and dirt. The windows are down, it's the last trip to the barn to unload hay. It's cooling off, there's a creek waiting full of crawdads and moss and relief. I can't wait to get my boots off and my socks full of foxtails and hay seed. . .relief is coming. Day's almost done. The truck's running hot, but it's ok cos it's the last load of the day. . .the swaying of the pickup along the potholes in the gravel road has the dog napping off . . . hell, I'm for the creek now, we can unload in the morning.

• Members

Bottom's Out.

She has a severe cut, tailored mans' suit with big padded shoulders. She cuts through the room like a scalpel through three tough layers of skins. Tubbs and Crockett are at the bar and even they can't touch her cool heat. Heads turn, dancing couples part as she splits the room like an atom at Los Alamos Lab. A chrome .45 slides from her purse, attaches itself to her hand like it was born in her grip. She barely looks as she levels it at a head above the crowd.

The world goes silent. . . .

• Members

Funny thing that you should post this:

I tried to order your CD two nights ago but I kept getting some window asking me for a password...Ive ordered another CD from CDBaby and never had that problem... Im not a member of CDBaby but I was able to order Pat Coast's CD without the password hassle... Im confused

...and I'll check out yer tunes tonight after work while Im watchin my daughter :thu:

• Members

Funny thing that you should post this:

I tried to order your CD two nights ago but I kept getting some window asking me for a password...Ive ordered another CD from CDBaby and never had that problem... Im not a member of CDBaby but I was able to order Pat Coast's CD without the password hassle... Im confused

I emailed CD Baby about this and here's what they had to say-

" Hi T Alan -

Thanks for the email. We are having customers select a password now, so that they can access their account to view current and previous orders, create wishlists, etc. This is also how customers are able to access MP3 download purchases."

• Members

Dude! "Bottom's Out" fukkin killz!!! :thu::thu: I downloaded it for my iPod :D...What did you use for the drum tracks? and, yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and sign up for CDBaby to get the CD...It kind of sucks because I didnt have to do that before, and I literally ordered Pat Coast's CD only days before I tried to order yours......................

• Members

Dude! "Bottom's Out" fukkin killz!!!
:thu:
:thu: I downloaded it for my iPod
:D
...What did you use for the drum tracks? and, yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and sign up for CDBaby to get the CD...It kind of sucks because I didnt have to do that before, and I literally ordered Pat Coast's CD only days before I tried to order yours......................

:(

As for the Bottom's Out drum tracks, everything(drums and everything else) was my Roland MVS1 module, triggered with a Casio CZ101, tracked into Opcode's Vision running on an old Mac Performa, and audio routed into my trusty Peavey(Mackie wannabe) mixer. I utilized both my Lexicon MPX1 as well as my Alesis Wedge. All of my late 90's synth stuff was done with this setup.

I had been playing bass guitar since the early 90's and simply wanted to revisit the synth to apply what I had learned from steady gigging(taverns, church, open mics, etc.). So I whipped up a li'l studio to write and arrange on. It ended up turning out better than I expected, so I put the tracks up on Liquid Audio for sale. I believe they were the 1st or 2nd inline music distribution solution. Obviously, we all know how THAT went for me. :D

...and THANKS:wave: for the compliment!!! :) :)

Archived