Anyone else notice their technique changing, without doing it on purpose?

RSBro

• Members

I kinda noticed this last week, and realized I'd been doing it more, but on my plucking hand I curl my ring and pinkie fingers under into my hand, and lead with my middle finger.

I used to kinda just play with an "open hand" technique and only play heavily with my index finger, but I see people with better technique than I do it this (my new) way, and I like the improved flexibility. Also leads to less accidental scrapes or hits on others strings.

Anyhow, thought it was odd/cool at the same time. :) I'm still working on leading with my middle finger on my fretting hand, but that's a work in progress not soon to be completed...

• Members

After hitting my fretless pretty hard for the past 4-5 months, I notice a definite improvement in my left hand technique/strength/touch...

and I was really pleased to find that after putting it down for a month or so and then picking it up, the intonation and technique was just there without any conscious effort....

I've been doing a lot of my practicing with the fretless - everything, not just what I plan to use the fretless for....and man it is just the coolness....:thu:

Archived