Mesas Have Arrived! (pics!)

RSBro

• Members

So after about an hour of fretting this AM, waiting for the 212 to arrive, I got these beasts home and unpacked.

I only have my Q5 fretless at home right now, so I haven't been able to fully test out their capability, as I kinda suck on it, which is why it's going to a new home. ;) Anyhow, I've only tested them (shortly) together, and not as stand-alone cabs yet, which I plan on doing after Sunday AM when I bring my green Q5 home.

But still, GAWD these things are loud! Mesa doesn't post freq response or sensitivity specs on their site, but it doesn't matter. I had my master at roughly 9:30/10:00, and I was rattling the room to the point of blurred vision. Amazing. The punch is just something out of this world. It's hard to get real good slap/pop thumps on a fretless, so I can't wait to try it on my fretted.

I'm still working on what combo of tweeter levels for each cab I'm gonna use, as the 212 has the player's control network, which allows you to change the crossover from 3/4/5k on the highs and it makes a bit of a difference.

And this stack is BIG! I can't imagine what a 410 on top of the 212 would be like. :) Crazy, scary good!

I can't wait to gig it.

Sorry for the big pics, but they deserve it! :D

100_0283.jpg

100_0282.jpg

100_0284.jpg

• Members

Now THAT is a sweet rig!
:thu:

How long until you sell it?

I hope I'm gonna learn my lesson from this... I really don't see how much I can improve with what I have right now. :)

Of course, how many times have I said that. (and no, don't go count, cause then i'll just feel bad. :()

• Members

I hope I'm gonna learn my lesson from this... I really don't see how much I can improve with what I have right now.
:)

Of course, how many times have I said
that
. (and no, don't go count, cause then i'll just feel bad.
:(
)

I have no room to talk. In the last two months, I've bought 6 basses, sold 4, bought 2 amps and two cabinets, sold an amp, and a combo amp.

I want to say I am done for awhile, and that I am very happy with my gear, but we all know that that is a lie.

I will say, I've been using a GB head and an Avatar 410 cab as my main rig for over two years, and that won't change anytime soon. Everything else ...

• Members

I have no room to talk. In the last two months, I've bought 6 basses, sold 4, bought 2 amps and two cabinets, sold an amp, and a combo amp.

I want to say I am done for awhile, and that I am very happy with my gear, but we all know that that is a lie.

I will say, I've been using a GB head and an Avatar 410 cab as my main rig for over two years, and that won't change anytime soon. Everything else ...

Yeah, I've been working towards holding down one set of gear.

I'm stuck on Moduli.

I'm stuck on the M-Pulse.

Hopefully I'm stuck on the Mesa cabs.

• Moderators

Yeah, I've been working towards holding down one set of gear.

I'm stuck on Moduli.

I'm stuck on the M-Pulse.

Hopefully I'm stuck on the Mesa cabs.

If not, you'll have to give the M-Pulse a try with the GB NeoX-212T.

Edit: I'm stuck on my Mesa amps, the GB cab and passive P and PJ basses. I don't see that changing, except maybe adding another walkabout head and cabs.

Archived