So I finally got my bass after many years of procrastinating...

jaeger82

• Members

Nothing special here but I lub it...

330481.jpg

I just joined a band and I'm temporarily using:

Bass --> Pod PRO Guitar preamp --> Carvin CDM1500 --> Ampeg 8x10.

I would like to keep my rig as minimal as possible, so I'm considering getting an MXR m80 or a tech21 sansamp bass driver to act as a pre/di to replace the Pod Pro...

Does this ideology make the spice flow?

• Members

maybe get a bass pod instead?

+1. I've been rocking an original Bass PodPro -> power amp rig for a few years now. In the begining it was out of necessity because I couldn't afford a "real" amp, but now that I could get a new amp, I just haven't really seen the need as the Pod treats me very well. The models can be kind of hit or miss, but there are a few that are really good. (Acoustic 360 model FTW!) Once you find your prefered settings and save them it's an amazing thing to have around.

• Members

to act as a pre/di to replace the Pod Pro...

Does this ideology make the spice flow?

Schecters are way cool in my book! For the money, it is hard to find a bass built like these. my main axe is a stiletto studio5 (which is getting re-strung tomorrow for the first time in over a year and a half...) She still blows me away every time I pick her up, I can't imagine how she'll sound with new strings (right after I get that initial finnicky clack off of her)...

Now Rock that bad chicken!!

• Members

I really don't know why people love these so much. Mine just doesn't impress me that much.
:idk:

+1 I've got an Elite 5 that is just hanging on the wall for the last year and a half. I've never gigged it and probably taken it to rehearsel 3 times....just doesn't do it for me. :idk: I constantly go back to my MTD Kingston 5.....

• Members

I drooled over that exact model he posted for about 2 years, it was like my dream bass... I get it and it's sold within 2 weeks. Just didn't do it for me, either. The 4-string though, now that's what I'm talkin about!! Fits perfectly.

Regardless, it's sexy as hell.

Archived