IEM's and Bass players. Also, thanks for the help with choosing the MusicMan..

unclebill98

• Members

Hi,

Well its started. The band is moving into IEM's and I feel like trying them out myself. I am looking at Sennheiser ew 300 IEM-D G2 In-Ear-Monitor-System with the standard headphones that come with them.

Now i have been using a 2x10 & 1x15 cab setup and wanna bring this down to a single 15.

Does anyone have ideas of what would make the best IEM's headset for bass players. After all feeling the Air move is a must hence why i am keeping the 1x15 cab. I do vocals also, so I will be getting a mix of the 4 other singers and some bass fed back to me.

Just wanna see what the thoughts are out there.

BTW, thanks for all the help on the MM basses. I got me a Bongo and a Stingray5...... One must spoil themselves while on honeymoon

• Members

dont get frustrated if you dont feel the air move with IEMs. IEM are nice, but i feel kind of isolated when i use them since im not hearing the room/stage. ill usually take one out so i hear/feel the space with one ear and get vocals/drums/a decent mix in the other.

• Members

dont get frustrated if you dont feel the air move with IEMs. IEM are nice, but i feel kind of isolated when i use them since im not hearing the room/stage. ill usually take one out so i hear/feel the space with one ear and get vocals/drums/a decent mix in the other.

If possible, that's why it's good to set up room/stage mics. That way you can get the feel piped into your ears.

I've done that before too, but heard way too many bad things about running just one IEM at a time to try it regularly.

• Members

I've done that before too, but heard way too many bad things about running just one IEM at a time to try it regularly.

hahahaha... i can usually manage to listen with just one ear depending on the situation (room ear for tone and sustain for slower songs, IEM ear for rhythm on faster songs) but every once in a while my ears get confused, and for a split second i dont have a clue where the beat is. but after a fractional moment of pure terror, i get back on track.

speaking of micing the room, i was a a concert a couple weeks ago and saw some mics on top of the venue speakers. i thought maybe it was to pipe audience reaction and stage sound into the IEMs. turns out my guess wasnt that far off. ill have to remember that the next time i run into this situation. which might be a long time.....

• Members

I use E2's, they lack in the booty, but I keep my 1X15 combo onstage for the 'feel' (for both me and the drummer, who are the two with in-ears) I've heard good things about E5's, but Gawd, they're expensive. I have a sennheiser 3056 dual transmitter (one rack space for two different IEM units) it's the pro model, I just happened on it for a really good price...

• Members

Hi, thanks for the help. Think i just try out the headphones that come with the unit. Molded seta re $$$ over here.

The one ear in has never suited me. I always feel fecked for a few hours afterwards cause one ear haas had protection and the other has not!!

We are planning on using crowd mics for ambiance. I think!

Westone UM2's, these are interesting....

guitargod0dmw, I'll try post some picks. There sweet basses..

Archived