This happened in my girlfriends neighborhood

2tall

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad I don't live next to him. Yesterday I locked myself out of my house and had to break in through a downstairs window. Y'all keep calling them "Criminals", but last I checked, they hadn't been convicted of the crime. We have a legal system exactly to prevent this. I hope he is charged with murder and I hope he is convicted.

• Members

I agree.. why did he shoot them in the chest. if they wouldn't stop running why not wound them in the legs? he coulda got away with that i figure..

Despite what you see in movies, that sort of thing is completely illegal everywhere in the world. If someone is trying to kill you or cause you grave bodily harm, then you have the right to use lethal force to stop the attack. You don't have the right to cripple them, maim them, etc.

If you take the time to aim for someone's legs, then it's pretty clear you're not fearing for your life. If you fear for your life, you shoot someone center of mass so that you can stop them...now.

Emre

• Members

This old man was listening to some NWA/Easy E.

"The boy, Jay-D, was a friend of mine,
till I caught him in my car try'n to steal my alpine.
I chased him up the street to call a truce.
The silly mutha{censored}a pulls out a deuce deuce.
Little did he know I had a loaded 12 gauge.
One sucka dead, LA Times front page."

• Members

I'm glad I don't live next to him. Yesterday I locked myself out of my house and had to break in through a downstairs window. Y'all keep calling them "Criminals", but last I checked, they hadn't been convicted of the crime. We have a legal system exactly to prevent this. I hope he is charged with murder and I hope he is convicted.

Exactly.

I love these flag waving Americans who elect themselves judge and jury. Try learning about how the country actually works before you decide to love it so much for all the wrong reasons.

I wonder if this guy has ever been in the military. It seems like a small percentage of military people who were trained to kill can't seem to shut it off once they're out of the service.

• Members

He went way too far. They were not on his property and they posed no risk to him, so the self defence argument is void. It's hard to argue with a shotgun pointed at you. He could've fired a warning shot and held them until the cops arrived and let the justice system take its course, with him as the star witness.

Taking the law into your own hands has its place. But this was not one of them.

And for those who say they got what they deserved, since when is the punishment for burglary death?

• Members

And for those who say they got what they deserved, since when is the punishment for burglary death?

The problem with this thread is identifying the crime here:

Burglary, No it shouldnt be punished by death...but Home Invasion? - I think home invasion is a SEVERE crime, and it undermines the direct constitutional individual rights and well-being of citizens as a whole...

....Once again, conversely, the man doesnt have ESP and, as far as he knows, these guys could be thieves or killers, in which case he may have been heralded as a hero had they been the latter.....

I once again use the murder of the family in Connecticut as an example because this home invasion was done by two parolees who had a career history of thievery only...If this guy had been their neighbor, he wouldve gunned down the perps, the family wouldve still been alive, and we would still be having this same discussion on this forum, crucifying this man for gunning down "thieves"...........

Im not advocating that street justice is the answer, but I maintain that my argument is that punishments for crimes that directly impede on the rights of someone else need to be more severe than what they are -- especially a Home Invasion --- and career criminals need to be kept in jail....A person in his 30s that has 30+ arrests - 8 of which are felony convictions - is not rehabilitatable and is a nuisance to society and shouldnt be on the streets - period-----The light marsh-mellow sentencing that we have here is not deterrents to the crime in the first-place -- read my previous posts on the matter ( I dont feel like retyping them :D)

• Members
That is absolutely {censored}ing disgusting and that old man should get the punishment he deserves for being a cold blooded murderer.

ya well how in the {censored} do you know the Criminals did not try to do something to the old man before he shot the low lifes dead?

typical Lawyer mentality like yours is what is {censored}ing disgusting!
why don't you victimize the criminals now:rolleyes:

liberal moronic minded thinking is exactly the reason crime is so {censored}ing prevalant in this country.:mad:

I will tell you right now you come {censored}ing around my house or my neighbors houses you are lible to get your ass shot! and my neighbors feel the same way as I do. we will forcefully protect what belongs to us if we have to.
no person should have to feel unsafe in their own neighboehood it is our right to keep ourselves safe from criminals.
even if that means shooting the lowlifes dead in the process of keeping ourselves and our familys safe.
comments like yours only gives criminals more ground and more of a right to do what ever the hell they please.

• Members

He went way too far. They were not on his property and they posed no risk to him, so the self defence argument is void. It's hard to argue with a shotgun pointed at you. He could've fired a warning shot and held them until the cops arrived and let the justice system take its course, with him as the star witness.

Taking the law into your own hands has its place. But this was not one of them.

how in the {censored} do you know these thugs posed no risk to that old man...were you there ...did you see what happened?

how in the {censored} do you know the criminals did not try to overpower the old man before he shot them?

people need to stop jumping to conclusions when they dont have all of the facts!

• Members

The only facts i need to know, as a citizen disgusted by our rising crime rates - is that these 2 assholes won't offend again.

They'll hang the old man though - how dare he remove 2 career criminals from this world?

Don't you know that our privatized prison system depends on career criminals for it's multi-billion dollar yearly revenue stream?

See - this is what happens when CORPORATIONS are in charge of our prisons.

That is the real problem with "justice" in this country.

• Members
you just dont get it do ya?
:freak:

Actually, I do "get it." I think I "got it" from the get-go.

You need to look up the definitions of "due process" and "vigilante justice" and think about why the former is the prevalent system in this country. It isn't a liberal or "lawyer"-propagated concept-it's one of the precepts that America's moral foundation is built upon.

• Members

I hope the old man gets an accomidation for keeping his neighborhood safe from thugs.
:thu:

So you're not holding him up as a hero?

See my avatar for details.

Also, how do you not know who the fiddler is? He lives in your neck of the woods and owns a Kustom amp that you spoke about in another thread.

• Members

Actually, I do "get it." I think I "got it" from the get-go.

You need to look up the definitions of "due process" and "vigilante justice" and think about why the former is the prevalent system in this country. It isn't a liberal or "lawyer"-propagated concept-it's one of the precepts that America's moral foundation is built upon.

I know what both mean

I also know that people do not have the right to be a criminal and steal other peoples property or to invade some ones property under any circumstances

the problem you seem to have is this man was being a vigalante when was protecting his neighbors property which, correct me if I am wrong but is not only our right but in a sense an obligation to our neighbors.

since when did we loose the right to be safe in our own back yard?

• Members

Also, how do you not know who the fiddler is? He lives in your neck of the woods and owns a Kustom amp that you spoke about in another thread.

When a society fails to maintain law and order, as evidenced by our astronomical crime rates, then history shows that citizens will take the law into their own hands.

I expect to see more cases like this.

Here's some crime stats to put things a little in perspective, from:

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/offenses/violent_crime/index.html

An estimated 1,417,745 violent crimes occurred nationwide in 2006.

There were an estimated 473.5 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants.

Aggravated assault accounted for the majority of violent crimes, 60.7 percent.

Robbery accounted for 31.6 percent and forcible rape accounted for 6.5 percent.

Murder, the least committed violent offense, made up 1.2 percent of violent crimes in 2006. (Based on Table 1.)

In 2006, firearms were used in 67.9 percent of the Nations murders, in 42.2 percent of the robbery offenses, and in 21.9 percent of the aggravated assaults. (Weapon data are not collected for forcible rape offenses.)

(Based on Table 19 and Expanded Homicide Data Table 7.)

• Members

no

I know a fiddler who owns 3 Kustom amps he plays guitar, Mandolin, Keyboards, lap steel, Bass {censored} I think he even has an acordian this cat plays with some of the guys from that country group Alabama, they are at his house al the time but I don't know if it is the same dude you are talking about. you have a pic of the dude you are talking about or know his real name?

• Members

no

I know a fiddler who owns 3 Kustom amps he plays guitar, Mandolin, Keyboards, lap steel, Bass {censored} I think he even has an acordian this cat plays with some of the guys from that country group Alabama, they are at his house al the time but I don't know if it is the same dude you are talking about. you have a pic of the dude you are talking about or know his real name?

So accommodation worthy does not equate to hero status? Odd.

Mike Jarvis

Due process be damned. If someone looks suspicious we should shoot first and ask questions later.

• Members

I aint no robber but I pack heat.

Notice how no one is responding to my posts?

I haven't taken any real side on this PARTICULAR case.

The stats are troubling, aren't they?

But the lawyers want us to fix it in a court of law - a court of law which has as currency a sentencing structure that is the laughing stock of the free world, due to early-release and parole.

The media does not follow up on these cases - oh no - they get the sheep all worked up with a warm and fuzzy when they pass down the "20 year" sentence.

But then they are nowhere to be found when the perp is out re-offending in short order.

• Members
So accommodation worthy does not equate to hero status? Odd.

Mike Jarvis

Due process be damned. If someone looks suspicious we should shoot first and ask questions later.

Yeah thats the same dude! ya I hang with Mike He is cool.

No I don't look at people who have accomidations as heroes but I do have respect for people who are willing to stand up to protect some one else or their belongings when they are unable to.
Well ya now that you mention it that is rather heroic now days because most people today could care less about their neighbors.

there is a big difference in shootinng someone who looks suspicious and someone who has been caught red handed in the act of commiting a burgelary and caught with the goods in hand.... yeah big difference
aint got {censored} to do with due process , the criminals threw due proceee right in the toilet when they invaded someones home and stole their property.
theres your due proces swirling around the toilet bowl as it is being flushed :idk:

Archived