NEW PEAVEY T-40 BASS FORUM!!!!!!

gljerry

• Members

What's wrong with non-79 models?

Not a thing. Some people feel that when the pickups were switched to the exposed blade type, that they quality went downhill, but as far as I can tell, this is absolutely false. Certainly, they did start using different wood for the bodies on the solid color models (poplar, IIRC), and they stopped using aluminum nuts in favor of plastic later on, but both early and later models are just fine. Personally, I like the earlier pickups a little better just because they aren't quite as hot, but the later ones are ok too.

• Members

nothings wrong with the non-79's, just like there is nothing is wrong with non-1959 les pauls. Early models just usually go for more money. Not Always, but usually. Plus, You'll see ten 80's T-40's for every one 70's so they are a bit rarer. 70's T-40's were only made for about 8 months.

• Members

Nothing.

The one that I had (and now eldude has) is an 84. It kicks much ass.

I believe lug has one of the earliest (a 78 prototype with no serial number).

Isn't it SN. 0001 that Lug has? :confused:

Regardless its a very nice piece of history and a cool bass/anchor that he has. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...
  • Members

Hello everyone, it seems that I have arrived a little late, but I am fascinated by the idea of having a forum to learn about the Peavey T40 guitar bass. I just bought a t40 1982 is in excellent condition!!, I had already had one a few years ago and I sold it (soon I regretted it) and today I have another one in my hands, it sounds like thunder and I'm starting to know (how to do the combinations of the humbucker with the switches of 2 and 3 positions) I hope to learn from you and if I can contribute something to the group I will do it, thanks.

• Members

By diming the tone knobs, you are putting the pups in single coil mode.  If you back off the tone knobs to about "7" they become humbucking.  My preferred method is to dime the neck pup and put the bridge into humbucking mode.  YMMV

• 1 month later...
  • CMS Author
On 12/28/2019 at 1:42 AM, lug said:

By diming the tone knobs, you are putting the pups in single coil mode.  If you back off the tone knobs to about "7" they become humbucking.  My preferred method is to dime the neck pup and put the bridge into humbucking mode.  YMMV

So....102% suck, versus 110% ???

cool.

Archived