Line 6 LD150 - comments? Alternatives?

SUV Steve

• Members

Hello all, stupid bass n00b visiting from HCEG forum. I'm in the market for a lightweight ( but is working on it. I like a variety of classic sounds ranging from Sly&TFS to The Yes Album to the Grand Funk "Red Album", and maybe to butcher the occasional Rush tune.

Am I on the right track with this Line 6? Any cant-miss competing amps I should listen to? TIA

Steve

• Members

Hmmm. I think I could only get 30 watts of Roland for what I have to spend. The Ashdown looks good, I suppose I could man up for the extra 5 lbs. Does it have any kind of overdrive on board? I have a Tube Works Blue Tube with a 12AU7 kicking around somewhere. Do you think that would work out, or would I need a dedicated pedal for bass?

• Members

Hmmm. I think I could only get 30 watts of Roland for what I have to spend. The Ashdown looks good, I suppose I could man up for the extra 5 lbs. Does it have any kind of overdrive on board? I have a Tube Works Blue Tube with a 12AU7 kicking around somewhere. Do you think that would work out, or would I need a dedicated pedal for bass?

The Ashdown does not have an OD.

The Blue Tube would probably work just fine for bass with a little EQ.

• CMS Author

Hello all, stupid bass n00b visiting from HCEG forum. I'm in the market for a lightweight ( but is working on it. I like a variety of classic sounds ranging from Sly&TFS to The Yes Album to the Grand Funk "Red Album", and maybe to butcher the occasional Rush tune.

Am I on the right track with this Line 6? Any cant-miss competing amps I should listen to? TIA

Steve

I've been using an LD-150 for almost a year now as my practice/rehearsal amp, and have been really happy with it. Everything works as advertised, and even though I'm an old-schooler (SVT-CL is my main rig) I find the tuner, effects and modeling to be a lot of fun on this amp.

Archived