Way OT: How do you get rid of pickle odor?

Emprov

• Members

Sort of like getting all of the cranberry taste out of a cranberry juice jug. I did this once, as a way to get a handy water jug that would fit my little cooler for sailing. It's been washed I don't know, several times, and used and filled and refilled numerous times, and there's still just a faint wisp of cranberry flavoring. Beats me.

• Members

BTW, just googled limoncello, 'cuz I knew it sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. Ahhh, a lemon liqueur from around Naples. Foggy, but it's coming back to me. Yum! You can make that at home? May have to try!

Gee, what I'd love to make is the Ouzo or San Bucco, the good stuff with the opium in it, that we could get over there. Man I liked that! Had some in France a few years ago, and it just wasn't the same!

• Members

Tell me more about this hooch...

Yo.

It's an Italian liqueur that has a sweet, lemony flavor. You drink it chilled in tiny glasses after dinner or whenever. It's one of those drinks that really sneak up on you -- it tastes awesome but, if you don't pay attention to how many you're having, you'll be totally smashed before you know it. Awesome stuff!

• Members

how u make it? i might need to try that.. since im a light weight when i come to ligueur this sounds right up my alley.

Pick some up at a liquor store first, make sure you like it. If you do, there are a ton of recipes on the internet that show you how to make it, ranging from taking 4 days to make on up to 80 days. Basically it takes lemon peels, sugar and some sort of strong grain alcohol, I'm using Everclear and it'll take a month to make. It's my first batch and I want to experiment with a few recipes to see what works best.

Archived