you know you're having a bad night when...

boscal45

• Members

Dang, I've never had one fail and you had them both fail at the same time?

actually, it looks like its the strap and a nut that failed. the strap is about 30 years old and the holes on the end of the strap have stretched out quite a bit, so the front of the strap slipped over the washer, and the nut/washer on the back of the strap disapperead, so it may have been missing for a while now and i just never realized it.

the obvious solution is to get a new strap, but my dad got this strap with his first guitar, so it has a great deal of sentimental value. plus it looks cool and is comfy.

• Members

I NEVER had a problem with Dunlop straplocs.

Until last night.

I'm not an onstage acrobat but OTOH my bass doesn't just hang there all night like some. Anyway, about the 3rd song into the 1st set the front straploc came "unplugged" from the button/socket and I caught a not-lightweight Les Paul bass 2 inches below where I WAS playing it. I was mentally rattled for about 3 songs after that as this is my main bass for the past 11 months.

Tonight I'll check the pushbutton(strapside) to see if it has a problem AND from now on I'll pull on them after they get pushed in.

I've been through a busted headstock with a 64 T-Bird(fighting drunks, roadcrew not on red alert).

It was not a pleasant experience.

• Members

the obvious solution is to get a new strap, but my dad got this strap with his first guitar, so it has a great deal of sentimental value.

The obvious solution to me would be to stop by the local hardware store and pick up a larger washer. Should do the trick :wave:

Emre

Archived