Need Some Bass Equipment Opinions

Reutless

• Members

I think most people here will say the M-Pulse 600, 300T is a bit different anyway because it's all tube.

I would go with the Mesa personally, because I have more experience with Mesa gear, although it's expensive... it seems to be consistently of remarkable quality.

• Members

Hey guys. I'm looking into buying a bass head, I know I want an Ampeg 8x10. But what are your opinions on the Mesa Boogie Road-Ready Power House 1000 Cab...?

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Quick question- If you 'know' you want the 'Peg 8x10, why the inquisition on the Boogie?

Why don't you share what your situation is, as well as your goals and style.

If your investing into a big rig, there are much more sensible solutions available these days. For example, you could get a pair of Genz Benz 2x12" cabs and power them with a MarkBass 800 head.

• Members

I dont think he actually realized that he would get an appropriate response with all the OT stuff going on in here.

That chaps my ass. :mad: We get all these complaints about not being on topic, but when some stranger wanders in and asks a very on topic question, it is usually answered with a very well thought out, very informative, very researched answer within 2 or three minutes.

There has been times over at that other place, TB, that I've waited days for an answer on what I thought was a pretty easy question for people with what I thought was alot of experience on the subject.

I'm just glad to be apart of HCBF.

• Members

Check out the older Mesa gear, when they stuffed them with EV speakers.

The Diesel 1x15 / 4x10 "fridge" comes to mind.

There is a Mesa Diesel 2x15 with an Ampeg SVT4 on ebay right now for under $1000 so far. This is a serious combo!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMPEG-SVT-4-BASS-AMP-MESA-BOOGIE-ROAD-READY-BASS-CAB_W0QQitemZ120185401967QQihZ002QQcategoryZ121156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wanted the 8x10 because I've played around with one before and it sounds so serious, plus it's cheaper than the Mesa cab. But the Mesa cab in my opinion is so much better.

And you'd be right. :)

Find a used one. It'll last you forever.

• Members

Mesa all the way. If you're dying for a 8X10, I'd get the Mesa instead of the Ampeg...but I wouldn't get an 8X10 in the first place...unless you can really justify it. (2) 4X10's are much easier to move and can be used separately or together.

Agreed 100% - 2 used SVT-410 HLFs would crush any Ampeg fridge, and be WAy more versatile.... For that matter, just one SVT-610 HLF will crush any 'Peg fridge, as would a Peavey 410TVX and a 210TVX combined - for far cheaper, too...

- georgestrings

• Members
Mesa all the way. If you're dying for a 8X10, I'd get the Mesa instead of the Ampeg...but I wouldn't get an 8X10 in the first place...unless you can really justify it. (2) 4X10's are much easier to move and can be used separately or together.

If a guy likes the 8 x 10, he should get an 8 X 10. My opinion is that 2 4 X 10s do not sound like an 8 X 10. Some will disagree. I won't argue. Just my opinion. Well, my ear's opinion. :idk:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Welcome to the forum.
:wave:
Quick question- If you 'know' you want the 'Peg 8x10, why the inquisition on the Boogie?

Why don't you share what your situation is, as well as your goals and style.

If your investing into a big rig, there are much more sensible solutions available these days. For example, you could get a pair of Genz Benz 2x12" cabs and power them with a MarkBass 800 head.

Well, I'm a Progressive Metal player and the Ampeg is powerful, I'm just confused about gear so far.

Archived