P-Bass Neck/Pitch Problems

Vic Stringfield

• Members

Whos
argumentative? If you look at whats happened in this thread, and it's only been in this thread, my advice and opinions have been insulted for no reason. Give me one thing I've said that you think is wrong and I'll f***ing proove it to you.

Your initial advice was reckless, and people who knew better pointed it out because Vic needs help obviously doesn't know enough about this stuff to discern the bad ideas from good. Rather than just accept it, you had to be argumentative about it and use your supposed reputation to back up your bad ideas.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Guys,

I don't want people to get bummed out over my thread. I really don't have experience fixing up guitars or bass's so I thought I would post here and see if anyone has had similar problems and maybe find a solution. I have received some really good advise. After reading everything and after looking over the set up guide that Kindness sent me, I am going to take it to a pro and get it done right. I don't think the neck is jacked beyond repair like I once did.

To get very specific about my experience I took it to Laguna Guitar Shoppe about a year and a half ago for my first set up (and it did sound good when I got it back) and then I had someone with a couple decades of experience working on guitars for my second set it up. He might not be a certified pro but he isn't someone who doesn't know what he's doing either. This was a couple months ago. I have checked out the neck (looking down the neck with one eye while holding the bass at a 45 degree angle ) and it does seem to have a slight bow. I am going to take it in this weekend and I will repost after I get it back.

We should just all remember its about the music man !!!!! Just kidding, I know that sounds cheesy but I didn't want people to start get bummed out at each other over my problem. anyways, after I record something with my fixed up bass I will try to post some of my bands tunes on here when I figure out how.

From some of the posts Ive read on this website, it does seem that Mexican made Fenders do not have the best reputation when it comes to quality.

V

Archived