Ampeg SVT 410 HLF Owners - a favor, please.

mlwarriner

• Members

Can one or more of you take a picture of your cabinet, with the grille removed, and something placed near the tweeter for size reference? A dollar bill, a ruler, something of that nature...

Preferably fairly hi-res, large photo size. If you'd like, you can email it to me. PM for email address.

Please and thanks!

M

• Members

Fit? Since when is "fit" an important aspect of cabinet design? Make it fit!
:mad:

:D

(I suspected as much and commend you on making an intelligent redeign choice.)

making it fit is only an option if there is available real estate in which to install. i know on my gallien krueger 4x10, there simply isn't room on the baffle board to install it...

• Members

you have e-known me for how long?

and you still find it necessary to ask such a stupid {censored}ing question...

:mad:

It was more of a rhetorical question, of course. :rolleyes:

You know, I realize a pitcure is worth a thousand words and all, but I could just measure the {censored}ing thing for you, which would be quite a bit more accurate.

• Members

It was more of a rhetorical question, of course.
:rolleyes:

You know, I realize a pitcure is worth a thousand words and all, but I could just measure the {censored}ing thing for you, which would be quite a bit more accurate.

i'd hate to ask you to go to all that trouble. plus, i'd need more than just the tweet diameter.

but if you want, that's cool. i'll email you a sketch of what i'd like to know...

• Members

It was more of a rhetorical question, of course.
:rolleyes:

actually, if you wanted to, that'd be great.

i need tweeter diameter/size, clear distance to the mains, and a yes/no as to whether there is room other than in the tweeter hole to put a galaxy mid-driver

*ponders a 3-way cabinet...*

• Members

actually, if you wanted to, that'd be great.

i need tweeter diameter/size, clear distance to the mains, and a yes/no as to whether there is room other than in the tweeter hole to put a galaxy mid-driver

*ponders a 3-way cabinet...*

Make up your friggin' mind :mad:

I'll do it in the morning while the electrician is at the house and get back to you.

• Members

On my 4x10HE, the drivers are REALLY close together, like... the sides of the speakers are almost touching.

Dunno whether the HLF is the same spacing because of the port.

if you look at this pic:

AMPSVT410HLF.jpg

it looks like there's probably some space in there, hopefully enough for a galaxy...

• Members

if you look at this pic:

AMPSVT410HLF.jpg

it looks like there's probably some space in there, hopefully enough for a galaxy...

Yeah, it has been a while since I had the grill off, but my recollection is the mounting plate for the tweeter seems rather large, so you may have some lay there. ANyway, you'll know tomorrow!

Archived