Albums with strange mixes that you like.

ToeJamFootball

• Members
I have found that if you turn the volume right up when listening to these, the bass gets thicker. The mix seems to sound thin low but thick loud.

I love it all nonetheless.

Love that band but, yeah, the bass always seems to be in the back. :confused:

Or, he's got a ton of BS effects going on. Weird.

• Members

Roky Ericsons Demon Angel A Day And a Night. There is no mix at all just roky playing acoustic guitar and a friend of his on electic guitar with the volume cranked to the point of total distortion with a ton of reverb, recorded in a bar with what sounds like 3 or 4 people on a portable cassett really bad but the songs are pretty cool if you run across it you should listen to it but once is probably all you can stand unless your an elevators fan. The guy is a great writer just a bad proformer kind of the Bob Dylan of psycodelic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
The early McCartney & Wings stuff...can't quite put my finger on it but in an effort to prove to myself I wasn't crazy I confirmed it with a friend of mine who also can't put his finger on it. Uhhhh...did I lose anyone here?

I agree with you on this. Listen to the Band on the run album for example. It sounds as it has been recorded and mixed by a complete novice. Mushy sounding drums, too much going on in the low-mid range. It sounds as if the mics to record the drums and amps have been placed completely random inside the room.

But it's a great record :rolleyes:

Archived