OT: So I have a date tonight

Renfield

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's going to be hard keeping focus. I was tempted to cancel tonight, but thought better of it, I didn't think I'd get a second chance.

I am meeting her for 7, but it can't run later than 9:30, as I have to phone my Dad out west and talk to him. We haven't spoken in 9 years, but are trying to reconcile, and it's been set up through my step brother that he'll be home then, so I should call, and he is now expecting that call.

Like going on a date isn't stressful enough on me, now I have to clock watch during it for that too.

• Members

Right after hello, let her know that you have that phone call to make. Then apologize. Then have a good time. Mentioning a "phone call" at any other time other than the very very very beginning of the date will seem like you are blowing her off. Also, as awkward as it might be, it will give you something to talk about.

Also, good luck.

• Members

Right after hello, let her know that you have that phone call to make. Then apologize. Then have a good time. Mentioning a "phone call" at any other time other than the very very very beginning of the date will seem like you are blowing her off. Also, as awkward as it might be, it will give you something to talk about.

Also, good luck.

This is good advice, I intend to do just this. I don't think I will get too into the fam thing though, unless the vibe is there that it will work for me. She seems very family oriented, so may appreciate that I am taking these steps after all this time to mend fences.

• Moderators
. . . . . . . .

Like going on a date isn't stressful enough on me, now I have to clock watch during it for that too.

If she's worth something more than a date or 2, she'll have the character to understand why you need to cut it short if it's going well. Enjoy the evening and good luck with your conversation with your Dad.

• Members

Well if you ever want to hook up with a fugly send me a PM
:freak:

They seem to flock to me lately:o:(

Good luck

They flock to me too. This will be the first date with someone that I would consider remotely attractive (truth be told, she's WAY hotter than I'd ever get normally, so I really hope this goes well) and she's got a great body. I don't think I've been out with someone who weighed less than me before (I'm a big guy too). :freak: Not since High School anyway.

This should be fun. I always wanted to sleep with a skinny chick, heck even an average chick would be nice to change things up. Here's hoping. :thu:

• Members

I wish I had enough free time to lose that much money.
:p

I've spent maybeeeee... forty dollars, total? More on me than on her.

First date was a movie, threw down for tix and would've tossed for her consession, she didn't want anything. Total cost, about twenty-five dollars, after a small dinner. :)

Second date was... chillin' out Saturday after first date while I haggled and traded off one of my basses for another bass. She watched me noodle and look disappointed. She was also the main reason I snagged my acoustic. Bought her a salad, five bucks. Spent like six hours together.

Last date was here, in this very room. I drank about a gallon of water, and she wouldn't take anything offered to her. We "watched a couple of movies."

A History Of Violence and Girl, Interrupted. My DVDs. :p

Enjoyable? Far more enjoyable than the fifteen bucks I spent on Saw 4 tickets. A large drink was like six bucks. :p

Free time? I'm a student. :p

• Members

I've spent maybeeeee... forty dollars, total? More on me than on her.

First date was a movie, threw down for tix and would've tossed for her consession, she didn't want anything. Total cost, about twenty-five dollars, after a small dinner.
:)

Second date was... chillin' out Saturday after first date while I haggled and traded off one of my basses for another bass. She watched me noodle and look disappointed. She was also the main reason I snagged my acoustic. Bought her a salad, five bucks. Spent like six hours together.

Last date was here, in this very room. I drank about a gallon of water, and she wouldn't take anything offered to her. We "watched a couple of movies."

A History Of Violence and Girl, Interrupted. My DVDs.

Enjoyable? Far more enjoyable than the fifteen bucks I spent on Saw 4 tickets. A large drink was like six bucks.

Free time? I'm a student.

Nice to know I am not the only one that thinks a date have to be so stuck uppety where you "do" {censored}.

I swear man, those dating shows on TV have created unreasonable standards for guys. Normal people don't go kickboxing (well, maybe we should, she's a brown belt in it :D), then making chocolates with televangelists followed by sky diving with a moose, that's just TV setting things up to be good (bad) television. :freak: That stuff doesn't happen in most mortals lives.

• Members

Nice to know I am not the only one that thinks a date have to be so stuck uppety where you "do" {censored}.

I swear man, those dating shows on TV have created unreasonable standards for guys. Normal people don't go kickboxing (well, maybe we should, she's a brown belt in it
:D
), then making chocolates with televangelists followed by sky diving with a moose, that's just TV setting things up to be good (bad) television.
That stuff doesn't happen in most mortals lives.

You know.. Me being a girl..Doing a ton would make me tired.. And.. That wouldn't be my favorite idea.

I mean, Lazer Tag is one thing. 5 different activities are another.

I prefer just to hang out and play games. But. Hey that's me.

• Members

I swear man, those dating shows on TV have created unreasonable standards for guys. Normal people don't go kickboxing (well, maybe we should, she's a brown belt in it
:D
), then making chocolates with televangelists followed by sky diving with a moose, that's just TV setting things up to be good (bad) television.
That stuff doesn't happen in most mortals lives.

It's partly due to the fact that I'm fairly antisocial, and it's partly due to the fact that the main order of business for us is to see each other. Change strings on her guitar? Yeah, but we're hanging out while I do that. Personally, I hate doing things that feel private, like discussing pasts, in a public place.

Most chicks that are like "OH-MY-GAWD, let's go to the mall and get my nails done. Then we can watch this movie. Then we can go look at new boots. Then we can go eat at that Thai place. Oh my god." only get one session of my bull{censored}. I can't stand the {censored}in' pressure of having to be active and reactive and blah, when the whole point of the evening is to chill and possibly connect with them. :p

• Members

It's partly due to the fact that I'm fairly antisocial...

...Personally, I hate doing things that feel private, like discussing pasts, in a public place.

...the whole point of the evening is to chill and possibly connect with them.

This sums me up pretty good. I hate "dating" and would WAY rather just hang out, in whatever capacity it may be.

Nothing for me has ever come from a "date" thus far, but some good times have been had in a relationship that started out chill and relaxed.

Archived