Drive Elite bass amps/cabs/combos

Marthoyink

• Members

Hmmm, well if anyone else has info on this stuff, I'd like to know if it's worth the $

$150 (then you just have to add the $70 overweight shipping) for a 200-watt combo amp with one 15-inch Eminence speaker and a tube preamp. It weighs 66lbs

$150 (plus the $70 overweight shipping) for a cabinet with 4 10" Eminence speakers which can take in 700 watts-RMS at 8-ohms it also has a tweeter and comes with casters. It is stackable and weighs 108lbs

For some reason I can't add them to my cart now because when I click on them I get a blank page. :/

• Members

Never heard of them, but you could have a reasonble rig for the money. The specs of the 410 look OK, but then again.............so does behringer.........you know what I'm saying?

Yeah well, all of those amps that I linked you all to have Eminence speakers in them. I'm pretty sure that Behringers never have those in their amps

• Members

I maybe wrong but I believe "SWITCH" guitar company made Drive Wildfire basses. The Switch guitars were made of some material called Vibracell. I had a couple of pieces but couldn't get use to the feel of the Vibracell material.

I played a Switch a while back. Different, and not too bad quality wise but it does feel "off" somehow.

To OP-Eminence speakers doesn't mean much. You could wire some Eminence speakers onto a 1/4" piece of particle board and it'd sound pretty bad.

• Members

$120 for a 200 watt amp maybe worth trying...no??? I see all these smaller guitar heads (Epiphone,Crate) why not a basshead? It maybe worth the $$ , if it doesn't work just Mod it !!!
:idea::thu:

Because a guitar amp only has to produce midrange. Bass needs more wattage, and I would worry that, since amp companies can manipulate the numbers any way they want, a $120 2oo watt amp may be less than it appears.

• Members

The combo seems a bit steep. that is a little over $200 for something that is a bit of an unknown.

The combo's only $150 and it's 200 watt, not to mention the head on it is a hybrid so it has a tube in it. The only thing that pisses me off about it is the $70 shipping that I can't get around. At least I get $10 off the price since I'm getting it from MF. So the total for the combo is $209

• Members

Yeah well, all of those amps that I linked you all to have Eminence speakers in them. I'm pretty sure that Behringers never have those in their amps

True, but are we talking top of the range Eminences or something inferior to their usual stuff. I reckon at that price there'd be cause for sceptisism but I'd be happily proven wrong.

Hey if they were selling them in Sydney somewhere for $129 I'd be tempted to buy one as an experiment. Besides, do they come with a warranty?

Archived