The "bands I don't get" thread!!!

Funkee1

• Members

way to many to mention, but I'll throw a few out that come to mind.

U2- they are {censored}ing terrible.
Rush- I think if it weren't for this forum no one would know they were still around

Rolling Stones- they have a few good songs the rest are utter poop

Godsmack- white trash anthem band.

Nickleback, puddle of Mud, Staind- steaming piles of diarrhea

Any band who the people at Hot Topic are pushing

Tool- awful

the Who- I think their are two Who songs that I like, the rest...well...see my Rolling Stones description

Van Halen- I don't care who the front man is, they suck

Bruce Springsteen- I am so baffled by his appeal. I've heard the radio stuff....I've heard the other stuff...and the conclusion that I've reached is that no matter what the era...it's boring and just plain terrible music

Pink Floyd- Ugh

Kiss- Don't try to explain it to me because I won't listen

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Indy music. All of it. It's terrible, they don't even attempt musicality of songwriting, relying on an established "holier than thou" fan base to fuel their monotonous and woeful songs and style.

Swedish Death Metal. I quite like metal, I don't mind cookie monster vocals, why does everyone love this stuff?

• Members
Pearl Jam - I'll never understand what the fuss was. I don't think they're good. I don't think their bad. Their modern elevator music to me, just something in the background.

The Who - All great musicians, but I can't stand the songs. (...and damn man... Who fans are serious. Whenever I say I don't like The Who, they're ready to kick my ass.
I
wanna' have fans like that.)

I agree wholeheartedly on Pearl Jam. Being a Who fan though, I'm ready to kick your ass :mad:

• Members

I see many of you don't like U2. They happen to be my favorite band. (up until Zooropa) I think I understand why you dont like them, but Adam's bass lines and Edges guitar work make me happy. I guess I just like the simple kind of music.

So, any Cookie Monster music, gangsta rap, and teeny bopper {censored} I can't stand.

• Members
I've got another.

311. My little brother worships the ground they walk on. I can't stand em. The singer's voice is whiny and sounds like his air supply is being cut off.

...which some of us would consider a good thing, if only the cutting off of air would finally happen, already! :wave:

• Members

Trivium.. i dont know how people can call them ''the next metallica''

I wont lie, I am part of the trivium army and love every song.

Their version of master of puppets slays mettallicas.

sorry but its what I like.

But I can get why you dont like them.

• Members
I saw POL at a creationfest (IIRC) in the mid 90s. Phil Keaggy at Messiah College, in 93, and my roommate was a HUGE Steve fan. I liked Chagall Guevara, but his magnum opus is probably still "Hide the beer, the pastors here!!"
:D

And for worship, I'll take Rich Mullins over Third Day anyday. Saw him in York PA about 2 years before he died. So sad.

Apples and Oranges, and both are great. Mullins floats, Third Day drives (and they did combine the two on TD's first album :D)

I never got to see Poor Old Lu live, it's one of my big regrets as far as concerts go. I missed a show on their "Five Bucks and a Blanket" tour and then they broke up/took a 5 year hiatus shortly after...

Straight Six remains one of the best recordings of the 90s...

• Members
the Beatles. I always found their music "gna gna", and the few tune i like from them are cover versions by other artists (like Helter Skelter by U2)

And all metal in which there is any piece of guttural singing
:freak:

We need to pillory BassGeek for starting this thread.

I don't mind expressing my opinion that store-bought titties are pointless. But I've now gone on record and put Jaco Pastorius in the same basket with store-bought titties. Well ...

Now I up the ante and put the Beatles in the same basket with Jaco and store-bought titties. (Oh! And Texas is over in that basket, as well)

• Moderators
Indy music. All of it. It's terrible, they don't even attempt musicality of songwriting, relying on an established "holier than thou" fan base to fuel their monotonous and woeful songs and style.

The only music you like is major label releases? :confused:

Indie = Indy = Independent = not major label. :idk:

• Members
The only music you like is major label releases?
:confused:

Indie = Indy = Independent = not major label.
:idk:

Sometimes, it varies in definition. I'm NOT talking about the label or lackthereof, but more of the established genre. Which has at least as much musical and image conformity demanded by the fans as that of any label I'm familiar with, the only difference is that the label say ti, as opposed to indie, or hipster fans, who try and pretenciously make themselves more importantly!

• Members

you guys want music you dont get..
check out "behold... the arctopus"

warr guitar action..

bands i dont get? {censored} mallcore/metalcore/deathcore with dudes in girls jeans and girls haircuts
when was metal about being an androdgenous {censored}

Archived