New bass day! (Lakland content)

REMUS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks!

Very pretty, I'm gassing for a black/rosewood 5er myself. Tax return season can;t come soon enough
:)

I can't wait until I get paid next month, i've done about 45 hours overtime :o

But i'm going to give the GAS a rest for a couple of months once i've got myself an Aguilar DB112 and a DB112 cover for my GS112.

• Members

Thanks!

I can't wait until I get paid next month, i've done about 45 hours overtime
:o

But i'm going to give the GAS a rest for a couple of months once i've got myself an Aguilar DB112 and a DB112 cover for my GS112.

Right. I suppose you're gonna not log into HCBF during that time, then?

"My GAS is over with... once I buy all this {censored}... "

:rolleyes::lol:

• Members

I had planned on looking at (and in all likelihood buying) a few laklands next week, the ones with the barts.

I just went to lakland's website and listened to the new pups though, and :love: :love: :love:

Just kidding, 44-01's.

• Members

Congrats man! The DJ5 is one of the few basses that gives me gas since I got my DJ4. That is a beautiful bass. Enjoy, and welcome to the Lakland club. I'm loving it every time I play mine, I'm sure you will too.

Thanks dude!

Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet, gotta wait for the GK to come!

• Members

I've heard that the 44-02 is a much better bass, I would get yourself a cab with that as well
;)

I actually meant to type 44-02, whoops. I had a few in cherryburst I was lookin at.

I'm going to pickup an eden 4x10 from a guy off craigs this weekend, and may buy an aguilar 2x10 at GC friday.

I'm basically keeping an eye out for good deals on the 4 different basses I want, and any cabs that I'm interested that may pop up. I'm not in a *huge* hurry to get my gear, so that I don't spend more than I think I have to. Plenty of good deals to be had if you're patient

• Members

lakland, G&L L2k, Schecter CV-4, Warwick Corvette, Peavey T-40.

It's a start ;):D

At one point I had a Schecter Custom 4/Custom 5/C-4, Ibanez SR505, SX fretless, and a Dr Bass neo 2x10... I came on some pretty hard times though and had to sell everything; the amp/cables are all that survived.

edit -- oh yeah I had some mid-rage sparkly blue yamaha too... it was purdy.

edit edit -- I also had about 6 FX pedals =|

• Members

that sux, sorry for making fun
:o
I would go with the CV-4 myself

And oh yeah, I want one of the older ones with the flared headstock with the wood color on the outside. Do you have ANY idea how freaking hard it is to find these used?! holy crap!

I don't want one of the brand new ones with the toilet bowl pickguard and funky flat color head.

• Members

I would get yourself an SX to tie you over until a deal pops up, or you will be rusty as hell when you get your new baby
;)

I already am. I let my friend take my practice amp, stand, strap, tuner, etc when he bought his new bass... This was when I had all my gear, so I told him rather than buy everything for $400 and end up with a {censored} bass, I'd hook him up and he could buy a nice bass. I've played it a few times and it saddens me.

I plan on buying another SX no doubt, I'm going to completely redo it. Green stained wood, gotoh bridge, new tuners/knobs, bart pups, new pots... Unfortunately the particular one I'm looking to get isn't in stock atm, so doh.

I'm gonna use it for practice for when I buy a Gecko bass to put together :love: :love: :love: :love:

• Members

Cool I want to get a Ric in a green stain, bet that will sound and look awesome dude, wouldn't a trans finish be a bit of a bitch to get right?

Yeah it doesn't look to be the easiest thing to do... But I really like the transparent forest green tops :love: Worst case scenario, I screw it up and just repaint it something solid.

• Members

Before I actually get to that phase I plan on redoing all of my research. I was going to do it with my fretless but ended up hating it, so...

Between searching the archive here and reranch's forums, I'd completely figure out what to do before doing much to the stock setup. I'm more worried about electronics though, as opposed to the finish.

Archived