New bass day! (Lakland content)

REMUS

• Members

Oh she is finally here! Well my new girl arrived about 6 hours ago, on my day off... oh yeah, it's been a good day!

:D

It's everything I had hoped for, but the strangest thing occoured to me when I was admiring how defined the B string was... do I deserve her?

Hmm... anyway heres some bass pr0n for all you Lakland lovers:

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

It's in perfect condition appart from a couple of scratches on the plate:

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:love:

Congrats
:thu:

You're such a bass whore now! How many do you have?
:lol:

:lol:

Just the two, I traded my peavey g bass and spector rex brown for the Sandberg, i'm thinking hard about buying the g bass back as well!

Right now I have a natural 4 string 'ray in my sights and thats all the extent of my bass GAS until the Bongo 6 is released in Jan :)

• Members

Even though I generally prefer natural headstocks on maple necks with maple-fingerboards, I'm totally digging the painted headstock!

How's she sound?

Emre

It's quite incredible really, it doesn't sound like the clips on the Lakland website. I'm deferring a review of the Sandberg and Lakland until my 700RB-II arrives, because the crate powerblock i've got at the moment... can't really handle either bass properly.

The pre-amp gives huge tonal variation, it's a bit weird getting used to double stacked pots when making fine adjustments... but rest assured, this baby girl ain't going no were for a long time!

I feel I have also bonded with this bass quicker and to a greater extent than the Sandberg, if that makes sense :confused:

• Members

I feel I have also bonded with this bass quicker and to a greater extent than the Sandberg, if that makes sense
:confused:

Totally, some instruments just "speak" to you and are responsive in a way that others aren't. I don't pretend to understand it, but I have experienced it. That bond I believe also translates into creativity. Comfort is good.

By the way, besides the obvious differences like shape of body, P/Ups etc. What are the major tonal differences between the DJ and the Osborne?

• Members

Yes a huge difference, my bass only touches on a vintage tone. It is modern in every sense of the word in comparison the JO, so if you like the tone of a Modulus VJ a 75 or 62 reissue fender then the JO is for you. Although it is hard to compare, because it is a long way from a standard DJ...

Like I said before though, the amp i'm using at the moment is terrible for reviewing the tone of any bass... it clips at anything above practice volume.

One thing I have noticed about the DJ is that the neck isn't as well finished as the Sandberg, there is more resistance and doesn't "feel" as nice... it is also allot lighter then the Sandberg, i'm guessing it weighs in at maybe.. 8lbs?

• Members

I'll have to try out both at Club Bass here in T.O. and get a sense of the differences.

I think Fender has by far the nicest satin finish on the back of their necks but I find the Skylines aren't too bad in comparison. My Skyline 55-01 has "glossed up" a little on the back of the neck now that I've had it for a few years and feels slick and easy to move around on. I think you'll find that the finish kind of "breaks in" and is easier to play with time.

Archived