Vintage Ibanez GAS

hi.flyer

• Members

This bass is haunting my dreams. I was outbid at the last moment on one on the 'bay a few weeks ago, and now I can't find one anywhere! Argh! There's just something about the Fender-styling with a 2+2 headstock that just does it for me. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled, I guess. There actually is one on the 'bay right now, but it's an active model and that's not what I want. Well, without further ado, here's a pic.

IBANEZ ROADSTER

ibanez1.jpg

• Members

This'll help your GAS.

A pic of my '83 Ibanez Musician:

family3.jpg

Ahhhhrg! :mad: Those are even hotter, but again, I'm not into the active electronics thing. Still, I must say, :love:

I've always thought those soapbar p'ups with the P-style exposed pole pieces were cool looking.

• Members

Ahhhhrg!
:mad:
Those are even hotter, but again, I'm not into the active electronics thing. Still, I must say,
:love:

I've always thought those soapbar p'ups with the P-style exposed pole pieces were cool looking.

The switch on it is an active/passive switch. 90% of the time, I play the bass in passive mode. It sounds HUGE.

• Members

I love this little guy. Basswood body that's as light as a feather with a big chunky 34" scale C profile Precision-width neck. Makes big bottom for such a little feller. I call it "Baby Boomer".

1986 Ibanez Roadster RB-999 metallic ivory "bean bass'. Just the ticket for your retro '80's "hair band".

• Members

I love this little guy. Basswood body that's as light as a feather with a big chunky 34" scale C profile Precision-width neck. Makes big bottom for such a little feller. I call it "Baby Boomer".

1986 Ibanez Roadster RB-999 metallic ivory "bean bass'. Just the ticket for your retro '80's "hair band".

Those are cool basses. I had the Musician version of that bass (the MC-999) for quite a while. BOALG still has his I think. Fantastic sounding basses. Even if they look a little "squashed". ;)

beanfull.jpg

• Members

This bass is haunting my dreams. I was outbid at the last moment on one on the 'bay a few weeks ago, and now I can't find one anywhere! Argh! There's just something about the Fender-styling with a 2+2 headstock that just does it for me. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled, I guess. There actually is one on the 'bay right now, but it's an active model and that's not what I want. Well, without further ado, here's a pic.

IBANEZ ROADSTER

ibanez1.jpg

Ooh.....

Around 1980 or so I sold my Ric 4001 for a bass just like that! It was active (my first) and It was an awesome bass!

• Members

Those are cool basses. I had the Musician version of that bass (the MC-999) for quite a while. BOALG still has his I think. Fantastic sounding basses. Even if they look a little "squashed".
;)

beanfull.jpg

The MC-999's are seriously gas-worthy and I would think quite collectible. They're very unique. I'd like the opportunity to play the neck-thru model someday.

• Members

The MC-999's are seriously gas-worthy and I would think quite collectible. They're very unique. I'd like the opportunity to play the neck-thru model someday.

Yup. They're a great bass and very collectable. I've had a ton of vintage ibanez gear over the years.....I'm a big fan. I still have my '79 Studio...fantastic bass.

here's some eye candy of some the other stuff I have/used to have"

RB-850 (Bogster has it now)

rb850full.jpg

had 3 of these, 2 red and 1 black..

rb760full.jpg

Couple of '76 jazz basses:

ibyjazz2full.jpg

ibyjazz1full.jpg

My old ATK:

atkfull.jpg

the Artist Bass I picked up for BOALG:

Ibby_Artist_Bass_012.jpg