OLP vs. SX

rx jr.

• Members

• Members

http://www.music123.com/Squier-Vintage-Modified--70s-Jazz-Bass-519639-i1166457.Music123

http://www.music123.com/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Precision-Bass-519638-i1166456.Music123

http://www.music123.com/Squier-Vintage-Modified-TB-Precision-Bass-Guitar-519758-i1276125.Music123

There's also a fretless, but Music123 doesn't have any in stock and Musicians Friend isn't loading for me...

holy crap! lookin' tasty

too bad I'm in the market for a cheap 5er! :(

what about those Squier Affinity 5s and the the Squier Deluxe active V?

• Members

holy crap! lookin' tasty

too bad I'm in the market for a cheap 5er!
:(

what about those Squier Affinity 5s and the the Squier Deluxe active V?

I can't speak for those. I do, however, own the Vintage Modified '70s Jazz Bass, and I definitely recommend it for a 4 stringer under $500.

• Members

I can't speak for those. I do, however, own the Vintage Modified '70s Jazz Bass, and I definitely recommend it for a 4 stringer under $500.

how is it compared to an SX or an OLP MM-2?

playability and construction/quality-wise.

• Moderators

So save yourself a hundred bucks and buy an SX:)

I know I'm on the verge of getting one myself..especially to justify the fret tools I bought:D

Dan

You now have the tools and skill to cure the main ailments of the SX basses. Once you fix the fretwork, all you need to do is replace the pots and jack and you have a fully functional bass. Replace the pickups and bridge and you are kicking ass.

• Members

You now have the tools and skill to cure the main ailments of the SX basses. Once you fix the fretwork, all you need to do is replace the pots and jack and you have a fully functional bass. Replace the pickups and bridge and you are kicking ass.

Yeah this is the main reason for me wanting one. I want to learn to solder and replace the electronics and do all the fretwork on it. I"m trying to figure out what the most aggressive jazz PU's are to price everything out.

Dan

• Moderators

Yeah this is the main reason for me wanting one. I want to learn to solder and replace the electronics and do all the fretwork on it. I"m trying to figure out what the most aggressive jazz PU's are to price everything out.

Dan

It is the best investment for that type of work because it all needs to be done. The other good source for that type of learning is your local craigslist. Look for broken instruments that are going cheap. I picked up a few squiers that needed a lot of work when I needed more practice.

• Members

It is the best investment for that type of work because it all needs to be done. The other good source for that type of learning is your local craigslist. Look for broken instruments that are going cheap. I picked up a few squiers that needed a lot of work when I needed more practice.

That's a good idea actually. Im going to wait till after Xmas and see what pops up. Lots of stuff coming up after December in the past.

Dan

• Moderators

You know part of me says" Man he's such a good guy!" and the other part of me says "Hey he named himself Kindness...he knows what he's doing"
:)

Dan

I named myself Kindness because my loud and obnoxious indie rock band at the time was named Kindness as a joke. I'm actually a real jerk, but I have to pretend not to be because of this {censored}ing name I chose for this forum years ago. :arg:

• Members

I named myself Kindness because my loud and obnoxious indie rock band at the time was named Kindness as a joke. I'm actually a real jerk, but I have to pretend not to be because of this {censored}ing name I chose for this forum years ago. :arg:

That sucks...and I knew you were a jerk...I just can't find any proof:D

Dan

Archived