jazz basses ( modulus content )

0175westwood29

• Members

It cops the look and some of the feel of the Fender, but beyond that its a pretty different beast. If you are looking for vintage Fender tone, despite the name, it isn't that great for it. For more modern tones, its great.

Because of the price its at, I'd be comparing it to high-end USA Fenders, Laklands, Lulls, and Sadowskys (take your pic).

• Members

...I have a Genesis VJ and I can't say enough aboot it, I have the passive Villex pu's in mine and being a Genesis there is alot less graphite and more wood...Comparing the Modulus to my Fender 62 reissue, I find the Modulus is just as warm and "vintage" sounding as the Fender, the best way I can put the Genesis is it has the sound of a great vintage Jazz bass but with the response and precision of a modern Jazz bass...Then again I'm sure if I had active pu's and a full graphite neck on it the sound thang would be totally different, that's why I opted for the Genesis line and the Villex....As far as build quality and fit and finish on the Modulus they did everythang right and whatever wasn't right was better than right.

• Members

I had a custom VJ w/ P/J pickups in it for a short time, and if I enjoyed 4 bangers at all, I'd have kept it. Sounded big and thumpy, and loved the sound.

4 bangers just aren't my bag at all. I've played a real VJ at Bass Emporium before, and if I had to have a Jazz, that'd be the one I'd get. :)

Creme, tort pickguard, and a chechen fretboard. :love:

Archived