You fools know anything about mics?

Hunter6

• Members

EV 767 or EV 967 regardless what bassgeek ;) says about them.... I converted to EVs from Shure about five or six years ago and have never looked back.... To me, theres no comparison ( Im the lead vocalist in my band and for others sometimes )

Gonna be anywhere between $100 and $250 depending where you look

If you absolutely want a Shure, look into a Beta 58

• Members

I am jamming with a singer who has been belting out vocals for 12 years and his mic of a few years had it last day right in the middle of a jam. No back-up so i let him use mine. He loved it so much he went out and bought 2

I would suggest a Vocal Dynamic mic with an impedence of around 250ohms.

An Audix (you get case and mic clip with every one). They have a big range and price...but bang for you buck i would get an AUDIX OM2. They list for $149 and you can get them off ebay for as little as $72 for a new one! So for under a hundred bucks you cant go wrong with this mic. I have used mine for 6 years without a problem.!... here is a link for you:thu:

http://www.audixusa.com/products.html

• Members

regardless what bassgeek
;)
says about them.... I converted to EVs from Shure about five or six years ago and have never looked back.... To me, theres no comparison ( Im the lead vocalist in my band and for others sometimes )

I'm looking at the reviews for the 767, and I only see one review that very quickly mentions using it for acoustic guitar.

You think this mic would sound somewhat decent for trombone, possibly trumpet sometimes too?

• Members

I'm looking at the reviews for the 767, and I only see one review that very quickly mentions using it for acoustic guitar.

You think this mic would sound somewhat decent for trombone, possibly trumpet sometimes too?

My guitarist uses the 767 and he loves it....then of course, the guy is a phenomenal singer and would probably sound good on a Mr Microphone.....granted, hes an old experienced vet who has tried every mic in the book since the 70s and he loves the 767

I primarily use a 967 although I forgot mine last night and had to use some bull{censored} mic...boy, was I pissed... :mad:

As far as micing horns, you should visit sunburstbasser in the Horn Forum and ask him...........

• Moderators

The Sennheisers are great and have a minimal proximity effect (too bassy the closer you get). The 835 and even lower priced 815 is really a good value, if you want something under $100. The EV models that Stormtrooper mentioned are an excellent choice, too.

• Members

regardless what bassgeek
;)
says about them.... I converted to EVs from Shure about five or six years ago and have never looked back.... To me, theres no comparison ( Im the lead vocalist in my band and for others sometimes )

Despite what Stormtrooper says, I am gonna agree with him. I didn't like EV, but that doesn't mean you won't.

I use a Beta 58, cause it sounds better than an SM- 58, but remains indestructable.

Audix are great too.

• Members

regardless what bassgeek
;)

Dood, don't listen to this guy, he's a keyboard player.........

seriously though, I'm not a fan of the EV mics, not from the singing side o the soundguy side. I prefer the Sennies, 935's are grat mics, and they've got a new one that I haven't heard (838, it's like the 835 with a mid-presence boost)....

Go to the store, try them out with the same mixer channel settings, it's the only way you'll tell.

• Members

For my voice, the Sennheiser Evolution series are the best, hands down.

For you, they might not be.

Go to the store and try out as many as you can. It can be a little awkward to do some acapella singing in the middle of a music store, but it's really the only way you can find out which mic is best FOR YOUR VOICE. No one else can tell you that.

Quality-wise, Shure and Sennheiser are in the same league, but the Shures simply didn't work as well with my voice. So it's Sennheiser for me.

• Members

Not my first choice but,

I've mixed some vocalists using Beta 57's with excellent results.

I like my Beta 57a. Very clean, rich full sound & minimal sibilance.

Maybe the only downside is the Supercardioid pattern (tight pickup pattern). Then again, it's a perfect excuse for avoiding sharing it with someone wanting to sing harmony :)

Archived