OT: PS3 or Xbox 360??

willsellout

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess because I've never played it myself?

I'm not knocking it at all. One of my good friends (and an amazing musician) is one of the developers.

People actually ask me that a lot when I say the game is fun..they always say "Don't you play bass?". I don't know, it's fun in a non musician kind of way..cheesy and fun

Dan

• Members

People actually ask me that a lot when I say the game is fun..they always say "Don't you play bass?". I don't know, it's fun in a non musician kind of way..cheesy and fun

Dan

Well, when it comes to video games, 'fun' is all that matters.

*shrug*

Go float yer boat!

• Members

If all you want are those three games, then just get a Playstation 2. You'd save a lot of money. Thus far I have not been impressed with anything related to the PS3. I've played it countless times with countless games, and it's just a giant letdown. I prefer the Xbox 360, enough to actually own one, which says a lot.

• Members

Xbox 360 has the most good games out, by far. Xbox 360 is noisy. PS3 has bluray and the promise of good games in the future. Xbox360 breaking down isn't very relevant, MS replaces it ASAP and it has a long warranty. Xbox 360 has the best gamepad. PS3 can double as a linux pc. PS3 has a bigger harddisk, except if you buy the Xbox360 Elite. Xbox 360 is cheaper.

Conclusion: get a Wii :D

• Members

Xbox 360 has the most good games out, by far. Xbox 360 is noisy. PS3 has bluray and the promise of good games in the future. Xbox360 breaking down isn't very relevant, MS replaces it ASAP and it has a long warranty. Xbox 360 has the best gamepad. PS3 can double as a linux pc. PS3 has a bigger harddisk, except if you buy the Xbox360 Elite. Xbox 360 is cheaper.

Conclusion: get a Wii
:D

Yeah man, The Wii's price/fun ratio is insanely better than the PS3 or xbox360. Who needs halo when you got a PC running counterstrike, Unreal 3, or Team Fortress Classic 2? Who needs a PS3 when most people posting on these forums already have a decent PC. The Wii's virtual console is the sole reason I have one really, that and Super Mario Galaxy. Eventually Rare and Square/Enix will be unable to resist the Wii's growing popularity and soon I'll be playing Golden Eye and Final Fantasy on my Wii, just you wait.

• Members

Ok, after re-reading my post I realized I sounded a tad too 'fanboyish' so let me rephrase some of my statements based on rational thought.

I love the Xbox 360, but Halo isn't a big deal to me and all the Guitar Hero games run perfectly fine on my PS2. Also, the idea of paying extra for multiplayer which is usually free for PC gaming (excluding WoW) is another ding against micro$oft. Halo is still fun though, don't get me wrong, Its just not worth buying a system for, to me at least.

The PS3 is promising but I think sony is trying to do too much for the 'hardcore' gamer type fans... oblivious that most hardcore gamers are using PCs. I could care less about Final Fantasy XXXIV to be honest, but I know some people will justify buying a PS3 on that game and the next Metal Gear alone. More power to them.

So yeah, of those two choices I would choose XBOX 360. But the Wii is cheap enough to consider as a second system. For me, I'll go with a PC/Wii combo.

• Members

360. :)

Too bad you missed out on some of the black friday deals today... I got my 360 + GH2 for free, $362 out the door... Then went out to eb games/target/toys r us and got a few other games with the buy 1 get half off, or buy 2 get 1 deals.

So far I am absolutely loving it. I didn't have a dvd player and just watched team america on it, actually. PS3 doesn't have any games that interest me, so I went with the X.

• Members

I have nothing to add but it isn't going to stop me from posting:

If it up to me, I'd just wait. The prices on the consoles, even though they are sold at a loss by the company, cost too {censored}ing much money for what they offer. The 360 has a better selection of games so far but has that nasty habit of locking up and getting the red ring of doom. The PS3 costs a {censored}ton and their are absolutely no exclusives out right now worth owning - renting for a slow weekend at most.

If you want a blueray player, there is only one place to go and that's the PS3. No way can you score a blu-ray for anywhere near the price the PS3 is - MUCH CHEAPER.

Just wait it out until the insane prices for these damn things goes down.

• Members

I was just thinking PS3 cause of the blue ray player..I don't really care about any of the games that are exclusive..the Wii seems to be killer...although impossible to find. This gaming {censored} is out of hand.

Dan

Then just get a Blu-ray player for about $300 at a Best Buy. The Wii can wait, it seems... At least moreso than the Blu-ray player. And, maybe it's cause of where you live, but the local Best Buy over here usually has a good amount of Wiis in stock. Just call around :)

• Members

I was just thinking PS3 cause of the blue ray player..I don't really care about any of the games that are exclusive..the Wii seems to be killer...although impossible to find. This gaming {censored} is out of hand.

Dan

I don't understand people with this logic. I mean, are you actually going to go start buying blu-ray dvd's right now at like $30 a pop? Do you have a large HD-TV? You can't tell the difference on a TV under 50" or something similar.

Another thing is, the console will only go down in price. Later on should you actually just want a ps3 for a dvd player, you can get one when they'll (presumably) be down a bit in price. Or wait till after the holidays when you get one used cheaper off ebay or craigs...

Why don't you go to a gaming site, like ebgames.com or some sort of reviews site, and poke through the top 15 most popular games? That should make things easy :cool:

• Members

I don't understand people with this logic. I mean, are you actually going to go start buying blu-ray dvd's right now at like $30 a pop? Do you have a large HD-TV? You can't tell the difference on a TV under 50" or something similar.

Another thing is, the console will only go down in price. Later on should you actually just want a ps3 for a dvd player, you can get one when they'll (presumably) be down a bit in price. Or wait till after the holidays when you get one used cheaper off ebay or craigs...

Why don't you go to a gaming site, like ebgames.com or some sort of reviews site, and poke through the top 15 most popular games? That should make things easy
:cool:

i bet only a couple off that list is for the PS3. even if they are, most likely they're available on another console.

• Members

I got fed up upgrading my PC for gaming every year or two. I opted out, and bought the 360.

Nearly everyone I know is on their second or third, so reliabilty is definitely poor. I'm on my second.

That aside, it's cheaper, has a decent back-catalogue of games now, with loads of good stuff coming out, and the Xbox live community, whilst boasting a good percentage of juvenile knobheads, is thriving.

Sony lost my custom when they delayed on the PS3 so long, and I jumped ship. I think that the PS3 is probably a technically superior machine, it just gave the 360 too big a head start. (In short, get a 360).:)

Archived