Rondo's got an MM copy!

skatalite

• Members

I don't understand why a passive bass with one p'up would have 3 knobs?
:confused::o

It looked kinda good to me, just because I prefer passives. SO if I was looking for such a bass I guess it would've been right up my alley. But no more!!

The Rickenbacker 3001 is a passive bass with one pickup, one volume knob, and two tone knobs. Ask isaac42 about it and he'll show you a schematic.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Rickenbacker 3001 is a passive bass with one pickup, one volume knob, and two tone knobs. Ask isaac42 about it and he'll show you a schematic.

Ohhh, so it's got, like, a passive treble cut AND bass cut? Hmm, I could get into that. I was guessing the rondo MM copy had like, I dunno, a volume control for each coil of the humbucker; that would just seems kind of silly and unnecessary to me.

• Members

Ohhh, so it's got, like, a passive treble cut AND bass cut? Hmm, I could get into that. I was guessing the rondo MM copy had like, I dunno, a volume control for each coil of the humbucker; that would just seems kind of silly and unnecessary to me.

that's how the OLP basses are wired

• Members

:(

His name is Steve "The Dude" Barr and he was selling basses at The Vintage Bass Company and runs The Dudepit. He's disgusting. He took my money, blew it on meth and never ordered my bass. Once Lakland was aware of the situation, Lakland built my bass for me anyway and gave it to me without being paid (in less than a week!):

{censored} Steve Barr, but all the respect to Lakland and EBMM for stepping up when their customers were being screwed by a criminal.

Some how I sense that this quote is accurate . . . and a crying shame.

3 years ago Steve Barr brokered a deal for me when I decided to let go of my '69 Jazz. The deal was righteous! I honestly had no idea what the bass was worth at that time, but since then have learned that Steve put together not only the transaction I wanted, but at the best possible price - on both ends. :)

Recently I have watched the Dudepit undergo radical changes and am disappointed to say the least. I'm sure there are others here who are more familiar with the circumstances than I. This is not the forum for this dialog. Not sure what is. Had to speak up.:(

• Members

I'm thinking about remodding my first-ever bass. Fender P copy, the neck warped and it's sitting in the back of a closet.

If I get a Warmoth neck (hell, even a Fender neck to make everyone think it's a Fender :D) SD 1/4pounder pickup and a BAII bridge... I'd have a pretty sweet instrument.

Gets me thinking...

• Members

Yes, but they ARE drugs or poisons of CHOICE.

I feel sorry for no one who gets sucked into this {censored}. They do this by choice, no one holds a gun to their head to do it.

That may not be a bad strategy for dealers though... The first hit is always free :poke:

• Members

Yes, but they ARE drugs or poisons of CHOICE.

I feel sorry for no one who gets sucked into this {censored}. They do this by choice, no one holds a gun to their head to do it.

Agree 100%, but I do feel sorry for their friends and family who have to watch the process unfold and put up with that crap, and who are usually not able to stop them or help them. I used to tolerate druggies to play in bands, but in my later years I will not put up with that or regularly associate with someone I know is doing some drug or other. Never.

• Moderators

perhaps they just sold all their old stock, since it was either taken off or sold out very quickly.

No, the most likely scenario is this was an intentional violation of EBMM's intellectual property in direct contradiction to their previous agreement. JA is right on the mark.

• Members

I think this was extremelly lame from Rondo, since they promised never to sell them again and wrote it down.

Germany promised never to re-arm (wrote that one down). Bush promised never to raise taxes (said that on national TV). Every day thousands of people vow to spend their lives with one person (before God, no less), and then change their minds (gotta get you a license for that). My mom said I was the most handsome boy in school, but then I found out she said the same thing to my brother.

People are lying liars, and they lie, too. My moral compass fails to prevent me from taking advantage of this. Life is too short, and nobody's going to die over Rondo's business policies. Perspective...it's what's for dinner.

Besides, everyone's going to laughing their asses off at me if the thing is horrible...I won't even have the option of exchanging it.

• Members

That's a good point... what are you going to do if your bass turns up wreaked, or really badly made?

They will have to refund you i'm sure, if they can't send another bass out.

Probably keep it just for the body. That, at least, is worth what I paid for it. If the neck is good, so much the better. If the fretwork sucks, yank them out and turn it into a fretless.

Really not a losing option on this deal. I can turn it into whatever I want.

• Moderators

Probably keep it just for the body. That, at least, is worth what I paid for it. If the neck is good, so much the better. If the fretwork sucks, yank them out and turn it into a fretless.

Really not a losing option on this deal. I can turn it into whatever I want.

And in all likelihood, it'll be just fine.

Archived