Rondo's got an MM copy!

skatalite

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Damn!
:mad:
Its not the same one they had last year!!! The one they had last year was active---Certain forumites got it and raved about it......It was gone before I could order one.....
:mad:

... its cool they got something else.....

You don't want a $100 active bass. You want a $100 passive you can drop a nice active pre into.

My intellectual property curiosity has me intrigued by this offering.

• Members

I was just thinking along these lines:

Rondo Bass (~$90)...

wsb704msv5.jpg

plus Moses Graphite MM/G&L neck (~$370)...

MM-144.jpg

plus Seymour Duncan or Bartolini pickup (~$100)...

bartolini_mm.jpg

plus Bartolini NTMB or Aguilar OBP-3 preamp (~$140)...

aguilar_obp3.jpeg

topped with a black pickguard (~$30)...

STGB5303.jpg

would make for a pretty kick-ass project bass for under $750 bucks!

Emre

• Members

Well why not get a 750 dollar bass?

Maybe because it's tough to find a $750 bass with (a) a graphite neck; (b) the flawless fretwork Moses is known for; (c) a Bartolini m.m. humbucker; (d) an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp; and (e) the classic good looks of a m.m. Stingray.

You can barely buy an American-made Fender Jazz or P-Bass for that kind of money. A used 'Ray will run at least $250-300 more.

On top of that, even some guys with genuine Stingrays upgrade the pickups and on-board preamp: the combo of a Bart humbucker and OBP-3 is pretty sweet! And if you wanted a 'Ray with a graphite neck, you'd better be prepared to open your wallet WIDE.

Emre

• Members

Why would you put a $400 neck on a $100 bass?!
:cry:

The way I see it, you wouldn't be putting a $400 neck on a $100 bass...you'd be be putting a $400 neck on a $100 finished body. After all, everything besides the body would be tossed in the trash. Especially if you're like me and have a couple of shoeboxes full of bridges, tuners, knobs, pots, jacks, Schaller strap-locks, etc. collecting dust in the back of your closet.

Besides, I think a metallic silver bass with black graphite neck and black pickguard would look pretty hot. Make the Moses neck a fretless and we're in business!

Emre

• Members

I guess it's not like you couldn't always put the neck on something else.

Eh, to each their own, I suppose. Not that I'm one to talk, I plan on completely remodding this MM knockoff. No neck replacement though, just knobs, tuners, bridge, pots, and pups. I'm going to use it as a practice bass to frankenstein together before I order Gecko pieces from Warmoth. Definitely don't want to mess that one up!

• Members

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah that's damn funny!!!!!!!!! Get a real job, save some real money, and get a real one...............................................................................

Is that directed at me? I guess you don't consider "medical doctor" and "professor of medicine" to be real jobs.

Incidentally, don't we have forum rules in place to discourage 12 year olds from making insulting (and non-contributory) posts around here?

Emre

Archived