Updated pedalboard: Post Yours!11

Rootdogg

• Members

I wanna see some pedals!!!

My Bass Whammy came in this week, so I rearranged my board a bit. I didn't know that it had an active preamp, and after some experimenting, it is working best as the first pedal in the chain. Anything feeding into it creates tracking problems. The board is hooked up in one continuous chain in this pic. Normally I feed my Tremolo into my amp, then place chorus=>phase=>flange=>delay in the effects loop.

Next:

Barge concepts VFB-2 Blender, to experiment with wet/dry out balance on whammy (and whatever else I decide to loop).

Prescription Electronics Depth Charge, as an upgraded fuzz to my Blackbox X-Ray.

Here's a pic with and without flash.

Pedalboard-20001.jpg

Pedalboard-20006.jpg

• Members

sspx0152zs4.jpg

That's what I have now. I ordered a Dunlop DC Brick and a Dunlop 105Q bass wah yesterday since they didn't have them at Guitar Center (they use the DC Brick to power their pedal displays but don't sell them). Those should be here sometime next week. I guess I'm going to buy a Aphex Punch Factory and Pedaltrain PT-2 at Christmas time. Then I should be set for awhile.

• Members

Very nice, I would love to rackmount a drawer with a Bass Microsynth on it. Or some kind of platform next to my board.

The board itself is one of the cheepies from Rondo. I think it cost me $35-40 or so. The pedals are velcro'ed in place.

Over the years, I've found that the only effects I ever use are a good envelope-controlled filter and the micro-synth (for sub-octave and/or fuzz sounds). Besides that, I've got a dbx 266XL 2-channel compressor/gate in the rackspace of my Red Head combo.

I'm thinking of swapping the EH Q-Tron for a MoogerFooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter. I hear the MoogerFooger gets you closer to the tones of the classic Musitronics Mu-Tron III pedal.

• Members

PedalboardOct07.jpg

Yo, T. Alan, could you tell me the dimensions of your board. It looks the right size for what I want.

Here's what I have at the moment, just realised that I need more patch cables... ;)pedals.jpg

The green one at the bottom is a BYOC tubescreamer clone that I built, I need to do some mods to make it more bass friendly. :)

• Members

Yo, T. Alan, could you tell me the dimensions of your board. It looks the right size for what I want.

Those would easily fit in the medium-sized CNB pedal case from Rondo. That's the same one I have, and my EH pedals and Morely wah are all on the large side.

If you want more room, just go with the large-sized case for just $5 more.

Emre

• Members

I wanna see some pedals!!!

My Bass Whammy came in this week, so I rearranged my board a bit. I didn't know that it had an active preamp, and after some experimenting, it is working best as the first pedal in the chain. Anything feeding into it creates tracking problems. The board is hooked up in one continuous chain in this pic. Normally I feed my Tremolo into my amp, then place chorus=>phase=>flange=>delay in the effects loop.

Next:

Barge concepts VFB-2 Blender, to experiment with wet/dry out balance on whammy (and whatever else I decide to loop).

Prescription Electronics Depth Charge, as an upgraded fuzz to my Blackbox X-Ray.

Here's a pic with and without flash.

Pedalboard-20001.jpg
Pedalboard-20006.jpg

yours is my fav so far :D

• Members

yours is my fav so far
:D

Thanks doOd! Got the wood, handles, feet, black spraypaint, and corners from Home Depot. Carpeting from my local guitar shop. Took about an hour to build. I think it cost around 40$ to make.

I bought an ATA case from ebay made for a keyboard, slightly oversized. I braced it so it will sit still when loaded up, foam lined it, put corner wheels on it, and handles on all four sides.

Surprisingly easy to tote around, effortless to setup. One plug powers the whole thing.

• Members

It's great. I got mine used, so it was even cheaper. I use it with my GT2 pedal...since it sucks the lows right out...this way I can put them back in.

Very nice, good to hear. I am going to grab one during the next couple of weeks. There was one on ebay last night that sold at around $100. Grabbing a brand new one for $115 with free shipping is just as good.

Good call with the GT2. I bet that sounds much better blended.

I want to use it for the whammy, and possibly the Turbo Rat. Robert Keeley modded my Turbo Rat which pretty much eliminated the tone loss problem. It would be nice to hear it with some clean mixed in though.

Archived