Whats your favorite conspiracy theory?

sunburstbasser

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

What did the 911 commission say caused Building 7 to suddenly collapse.

How did Bin Laden do that?

EDIT: thelurker beat me to linking the article!

From Popular Mechanics Debunking the Myths Article

WTC 7 Collapse

Claim:Seven hours after the two towers fell, the 47-story WTC 7 collapsed. According to 911review.org: "The video clearly shows that it was not a collapse subsequent to a fire, but rather a controlled demolition: amongst the Internet investigators, the jury is in on this one."

FACT:Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA's preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. "The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7," NIST's Sunder tells PM. "On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom

• Members

Read and enjoy. It's Popular Mechanics, not just some blogger.

Yeah I read that.

That does not explain it for me.

It was a rigid steel structure one second, and a pile of debris 6.5 seconds later.

My question was, "What did the 911 Commission say caused building 7 to suddenly collapse?"

• Members
How about the conspiricy theory that 2tall is really 1tallbassguy?

;)

There is no conspiracy there.
1tallbassguy and 2tall are two characters played by the same person.

2tall is 1tall's clone.

Their scripts are similiar though.

:wave:

• Members

Read and enjoy. It's Popular Mechanics, not just some blogger.

BTW

Popular Mechanics is owned by The Hearst Corporation.

Here are some of its assets

* from wikipedia

Magazines

CosmoGIRL!

Cosmopolitan

Country Living

Esquire

Good Housekeeping

Harper's Bazaar

House Beautiful

Marie Claire

O at Home

O, The Oprah Magazine

Popular Mechanics

Quick & Simple

Redbook

Seventeen

SmartMoney (with Dow Jones)

Teen

Town & Country

Town & Country TRAVEL

Veranda

Newspapers

Albany Times Union

Beaumont Enterprise

Houston Chronicle

Jasper Newsboy

King Features Syndicate

Laredo Morning Times

Midland Daily News

San Francisco Chronicle

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

San Antonio Express-News

Midland Reporter-Telegram

Television and Cable (investments)

A&E Television Networks (Shared with Disney and NBC Universal)

ESPN (owns 20%; shared with Disney, which owns the other 80%)

Hearst-Argyle Television (owner of 26 local television stations; also manages three local television and two local radio stations)

Lifetime Television (joint venture with The Walt Disney Company)

New England Cable News (owns 50%; shared with the Comcast Corporation)

Internet

UGO

• Members
They didn't. They didn't cover it in the report. They didn't have to. No-one died in Building 7 so it was pretty irrelevant to the commission, really.

That is correct.

I find it hard to understand how they find a building collapse irrelevant.
Does that bother only me?
:confused:

• Members
I dont know? Did he do it?

I do question what caused it to collapse.

I voted for W.

The conspiracy wackies say he did and he gleefully enjoyed reading to the skoo kids while they fell. What that aide wispered in his ear when he was sitting with the kids was, it's all going according to plan, Mr. President.

My common sense tells me that there should have been more buildings in the immediate vicinity that should have collapsed as a result of WTC 1 & 2 falling. They were huge massive buildings and for them to have no effect on the neighboring ones is just ignoring the obvious.

If nothing else, the PM article makes some common sense regardless who the publisher might be.

Besides who would want to make it come down and why?

And what about the other allegation that all Jews were taken from the towers before the collapse; they were warned and no one else was. WTF?

If any of this were provable the conspiracy the info would have been out by now through all of the various and sundry government sources who 'wish to remain unamed'. :rolleyes:

No one in the government can keep their mouths shut.

• Moderators

Yeah I read that.

That does not explain it for me.

It was a rigid steel structure one second, and a pile of debris 6.5 seconds later.

My question was, "What did the 911 Commission say caused building 7 to suddenly collapse?"

Yes. The assembly of experts by Popular Mechanics and their expert opinions shouldn't explain it for anybody.

To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.

Here's another article in PDF format not from Popular Mechanics

• Members

Never said there were 2 shooters...just that the magic bullet theory seems to be hog-wash...but you're right, like everyone else here I don't know much about ballistics and have to believe what I'm told by others...just like you. You didn't compile the data or do the physics yourself did you?

no I did not compile any data however I do know quite a bit about ballistics and I do know it is very possible for the type of projectile which I believe is indeed the projectile JFK and Connoly was shot with can pass through both bodys with very little damage to the projectile.

check out the doccumentary Discovery Did on the JFK Assasination consparicy theroy. you will be left with very little room for doubt that the fatal shot did indeed come from the school book depositoryand was a single projectile that shot both men.

or you will at least come away thinking it is at least plausable and somewhat probable.

• Members

no I did not compile any data however I do know quite a bit about ballistics and I do know it is very possible for the type of projectile which I believe is indeed the projectile JFK and Connoly was shot with can pass through both bodys with very little damage to the projectile.

Which is very true. It actually flies very straight...and doesn't tumble in the air...which is why more militaries didn't use it in their weapons. It usually only leaves a small hole, rather than a large hole like a tumbling round would. It's Italian btw.

• Members
Mainly because they're funny when they're mad.

But also because Creationism cracks me up, the Crusades were worse than even Bush could fail at, and the whole story of the virgin birth, rising from the dead, Noah's Ark, Moses...

All those stories are like an elaborate kindergarten game of telephone gone horribly awry.

I mean think about it. Let's say Jesus existed as I believe, as a real affable, motivational, charismatic guy.

Guy one (the witness): "He swam out to the boat."

60 years later

Guy two: "He went out to the boat!"

125 years later

Guy three: "He went straight for the boat!"

200 years later

Guy four: "He walked on {censored}ing water!"

Annnd cut: Print it!

but mainly to get the crazies in a ruffle.

edit: I fully expect some PM regarding this. It seems to touch a nerve in just that right way.

...I'm praying for you, you definately need it, a LOT of it...

• Members

what happened in 1941?

I know what you're trying to say, but hindsight is 20/20.

Had we continued to supply them with resources, then we would have the blood of entire nations on our hand - clearly those resources were vital to their imperialistic expansion, and clearly the U.S. could never support that.

Archived