Whats your favorite conspiracy theory?

sunburstbasser

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My fave is the poor official conclusion from B747 TWA explosion in 1996 next to Long Island. I think we will never know the truth, and that words like "mistake" or "missile" had quiclky disappeared from initial theory and became "electrical short-circuit"...

• Members

Electrical short circuit in cables running through the fuel tanks, or something.

I don't know enough about electrical engineering in aircraft to be able to comment. Maybe L-1329 will be able to comment for us?

Anyway, another favourite of mine (albeit much closer to home) is how Prime Minister Karamanlis supposedly ordered the Greek Air Force to shoot down Helios flight 522 to prevent it from crashing into Athens back in August 2005; contact was lost and they thought it was taken over by terrorists or something.

As for more 'international' ones, the faked moon landings has to be one of the top in terms of sheer stupidity. Does anyone honestly think the Soviets would have kept quiet? They watched the whole operation like a hawk, monitoring it from start to finish, and probably knew as well as NASA what was going on. They would've called bull{censored} at the first opportunity, given its political significance.

Roswell fascinates me. The sheer amount of secrecy in the Groom Lake area too is pretty intreaguing, apparently just going near there will get you arrested. I don't believe that aliens crashed there or anything, but I do know that something is being kept very hush-hush and I would like to know what.

• Members

I'm tempted to agree, but why did you list "Christianity" instead of a blanket "religion?" They're all equally bad, was it just a little barb thrown at the Christians on this forum
:confused:

Mainly because they're funny when they're mad.

But also because Creationism cracks me up, the Crusades were worse than even Bush could fail at, and the whole story of the virgin birth, rising from the dead, Noah's Ark, Moses...

All those stories are like an elaborate kindergarten game of telephone gone horribly awry.

I mean think about it. Let's say Jesus existed as I believe, as a real affable, motivational, charismatic guy.

Guy one (the witness): "He swam out to the boat."

60 years later

Guy two: "He went out to the boat!"

125 years later

Guy three: "He went straight for the boat!"

200 years later

Guy four: "He walked on {censored}ing water!"

Annnd cut: Print it!

but mainly to get the crazies in a ruffle.

edit: I fully expect some PM regarding this. It seems to touch a nerve in just that right way.

• Members

you can think there were 2 shooters behind the bush in the grassy knoll if you want no matter how ridiculous that theroy is, especially since JFK and Connoly was struck from behind and not in the front.

Oswald was the only shooter and he only shot once believe it or not.:poke:

Never said there were 2 shooters...just that the magic bullet theory seems to be hog-wash...but you're right, like everyone else here I don't know much about ballistics and have to believe what I'm told by others...just like you. You didn't compile the data or do the physics yourself did you?

• Members
Mainly because they're funny when they're mad.

But also because Creationism cracks me up, the Crusades were worse than even Bush could fail at, and the whole story of the virgin birth, rising from the dead, Noah's Ark, Moses...

All those stories are like an elaborate kindergarten game of telephone gone horribly awry.

I mean think about it. Let's say Jesus existed as I believe, as a real affable, motivational, charismatic guy.

Guy one (the witness): "He swam out to the boat."

60 years later

Guy two: "He went out to the boat!"

125 years later

Guy three: "He went straight for the boat!"

200 years later

Guy four: "He walked on {censored}ing water!"

Annnd cut: Print it!

but mainly to get the crazies in a ruffle.

edit: I fully expect some PM regarding this. It seems to touch a nerve in just that right way.

No PM from me...though I will say your "telephone game" analogy has a slight issue in the fact there isn't any part of the NT written in the 3rd century, and the direct accounts of Jesus were all written within 60-70 years of his death by even the latest of scholars' estimates (many, both Christian and secular, place authorship earlier)...

If you're going to be a smartass, at least get the details correct. ;)

• Moderators

I don't have a favorite.

• The Holocaust has way too much visual and first hand evidence to deny

• The Moon Landings would have been shown to be false by the USSR if they were not real.

• Kennedy Assassination and the bullet in question that hit Connolly has been tested by experts in the ballistic field. Those tests show it is highly possible.

• 911 conspiracies have all been debunked.

• Members

I dont think they were Planned but I do believe we forced people to attack us just like the Japanese in '41

So, what did Clinton and George H.W. Bush do to force bin ladens hand? I disagree.

I don't think forced is the correct term. Induced might be more appropriate. Problem is, we induce these {censored}-offs, then we pull our pants down and wait for the ass shellacing before taking action.

I too think the Moon landing is a hoot.

The biggest hoot, however, is man made climate change.

• Members

What did the 911 commission say caused Building 7 to suddenly collapse.

How did Bin Laden do that?

Why would W have demolished it? To what end especially after the two towers had already collapsed?

I never understood any of the 9/11 conspiracies because all were posited by W haters.

• Members

Why would W have demolished it? To what end especially after the two towers had already collapsed?

I never understood any of the 9/11 conspiracies because all were posited by W haters.

I dont know? Did he do it?

I do question what caused it to collapse.

I voted for W.

• Members

I dont know? Did he do it?

I do question what caused it to collapse.

I voted for W.

The Illuminati never had me keep an eye on 2tall when his cover was playing in Broken Glass in the 70's but his real agenda was unknown.

...fades into the shadows

Archived