Using a SEQUENCER in a live band

DevilRaysFan

• Members

Bingo -- a laptop with software that can handle both samples and VSTi softsynths has way more production power...as a matter of fact. I premix (click track hard left to drummer's headphones, sequence premix hard right to main mix) and use an iPod on stage

I guess I'm way overdue and I need to finish this....bear with me as I just got a new job (at a nuclear power plant)

Cool beans. I anticipate that I'll be using an mp3 player to output the sound in the end. Doesn't skip or get scratched like a cd. And With most songs requiring samples at the beginning, mid song, but not always needing it at the end, I need to be able to facilitate tracks that stop themselves somehow so the next tune doesn't kick in until I want it too.

My thought is to use mp3's for it and just leave a good 5 minutes of dead air off of the ends of each track, so the next deosn't start until I want it too.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was in a band that had no drummer, just beats w/ a few pre-made sounds coming off a laptop running Ableton Live. I played bass for half the set while the other two members played keyboards and then one of the keyboardists would play bass while I played guitar. It allowed us to play some venues that couldn't accomodate a drum set.

Archived