Gigspam: Chicago 11.28.07 Wed.

rummy

• Members

Hey, y'all. I know you guys always encouraged me to join a band, and play music. Well, I listened to your advice, and here's my chance to show it off! Our band The Psycho Kid is having a gig on Wednesday at Redline Tap in the city. This is my first real band experience, and this Wednesday night will be my first real gig experience. I'm super nervous, but I'm excited. There are three bands playing that night starting from 9pm. We are scheduled to go on at 11pm, and we have 9 original songs prepared.

If you like local punk music, or if you just want to support a fellow bassist, show up and shoe me some love. :wave:

Red Line Tap

The Psycho Kid

• Members

I like your stuff, man. Definitely has that Chicago punk rock sound, which I dig. I find it interesting how so many Chicago punk bands have Danny Vapid's vocal influence.

Keep it up!

Speaking of Chicago punk, any of you ever hear from former members of The Rushmores and/or The Cancer Merchants?

• Moderators

Speaking of Chicago punk, any of you ever hear from former members of The Rushmores and/or The Cancer Merchants?

Sure, I used to play with all those guys. Haven't tallked to or see any of them in a while though. I didn't know anyone knew our scene outside of of those of us playing our local shows. Please tell me you heard of the Yellow Snowmen.

• Members

Sure, I used to play with all those guys. Haven't tallked to or see any of them in a while though. I didn't know anyone knew our scene outside of of those of us playing our local shows. Please tell me you heard of the Yellow Snowmen.

I've played several shows along side of both bands both in Chicago and down here(Cincinnat/Dayton). Johnny (drummer) was a friend of mine. The Rushmores stayed at my place one time on tour and The Stunned stayed at Johnny's house every time we played Chicago. He(and perhaps a couple of The Rushmores) had moved to Carbondale, and that was kind of the last I heard from him. One guy (Adam) that was in that circle moved to LA. He played with The Cancer Merchants towards the end of their stint as a band. I haven't heard of The Yellow Snowmen, though.

• Members

If you're driving, get there early. That lot on Estes fills up quick, and parking sucks. You best bet is to to take the red line if at all possible. I'd totally be there, but I'm supposed to go to a Blackhawks game for my buddy's birthday tomorrow night. Kick some ass rummy. :thu:

• Members

We gotta load in and all that by 8pm, so I'm hoping there's some left. I don't think I can take the train carrying my bass, two cabs, and my amp/accessories. :(

Googlemaps has Streetview thing in that area, so I'm looking around where else I can park.

• Members

Oh, boy! Pressure is on! Two local bass players are coming to see me!
:love:

We gotta load in and all that by 8pm, so I'm hoping there's some left. I don't think I can take the train carrying my bass, two cabs, and my amp/accessories.
:(

Googlemaps has Streetview thing in that area, so I'm looking around where else I can park.

I played there a few weeks ago. We got there around 7:30ish on a Saturday night. We had to circle around a bit to find parking, but we got a spot about a half a block away. I'd hope parking would be a little easier on a Wednesday.

• Moderators

I played there a few weeks ago. We got there around 7:30ish on a Saturday night. We had to circle around a bit to find parking, but we got a spot about a half a block away. I'd hope parking would be a little easier on a Wednesday.

It is always tight up there. Always.

Double park, unload, drive around for a spot. That's the way you do it as a gigging bassist. :thu:

• Members

Sounds like a pain in the ass thing to do! :thu:

On a side note, my strings are looking pretty raggity. My hands sweat a lot when I play, and the G string has some gunk on it, and the rest of the strings have some darker spots that I can see. Now, I know new strings take more than 24 hours to full stretch, and be stable... So, I don't want to restring my bass right now, since I would rather not tune between songs, right?

Archived