OT: So I'm making a website and need a host

Renfield

• Members
GoDaddy, whom i've had for years, bills monthly.

It's on a separate pricing page that says that it's all up-front. When signing up and putting in your information, they fail to mention that it's the whole $166 all at once.

It's cool, I'm on the phone with them now, they're going to kick me down to the 12mo. plan, I don't mind $94, I just had some Xmas shopping to do and $166 is kind of a hit at this time of year for just a hobby website.

One thing that is nice, and I'm sure godaddy can probably do this as well, is that I am allowed add-on domains. So, I host my collinwho.com website through bluehose, and then my bands website is hosted under collinwho.com as are a couple of others, including 1 that I designed and am hosting for someone else. I then passed a decent amount of the hosting costs off to them, which means it is even cheaper for me to have my site. :thu:

• Members

One thing that is nice, and I'm sure godaddy can probably do this as well, is that I am allowed add-on domains. So, I host my collinwho.com website through bluehose, and then my bands website is hosted under collinwho.com as are a couple of others, including 1 that I designed and am hosting for someone else. I then passed a decent amount of the hosting costs off to them, which means it is even cheaper for me to have my site.
:thu:

Oh it stands to their credit, the billing department was like, "Oh ya, we should look into being a little more revealing. I'll submit a ticket regarding it.

And I understand Christmas is right around the corner. Let me bump you down to the 12mo. package, and cancel this 24mo. charge."

Instantly. No qualms. No trying to sell me on the package. They listened, sympathized, and offered great customer service.

My first 30 minutes as a BlueHost customer is stellar.

• Members
Oh it stands to their credit, the billing department was like, "Oh ya, we should look into being a little more revealing. I'll submit a ticket regarding it.

And I understand Christmas is right around the corner. Let me bump you down to the 12mo. package, and cancel this 24mo. charge."

Instantly. No qualms. No trying to sell me on the package. They listened, sympathized, and offered great customer service.

My first 30 minutes as a BlueHost customer is stellar.

It's looking I'll go with them, but I don't have the money on the Paypal right now. Ugh, that means a 972 day wait as the funds upload from my bank account... why? Because I am Canadian and they hate us too. :poke:

Sorry, I'm impatient, the way I look at things, if it's all happening online by a computer, and humans don't need to be involved, it should be instant, period. VISA is VISA no matter what country you are in, and I'm verified with a VISA card.

I may have to borrow a friends credit card to get this online by the end of the week, his store opens Saturday and he needs business cards and the address on the window, so he wants to see action on this now, needs the domain to be owned. This, the guy who waited until last night to find some one to make the site for the store which opens in 5 days. :rolleyes:

Archived