Opinions/experiences with the Peavey T-Max...

georgestrings

• Members

... I've been casually scouting for one for a bit, after reading about them - and one just came available, for $250...

I'm currently using a pair of Peavey Mark VI's(one for gigs, one for everything else), and they're working out quite well for me - used with one or more of the following cabs(all Peavey, btw) - 410TXV, 210TXV, 215D-BW, and an 1810... I'm thinking that I'll probably dig the different sound the T-Max will give me, but still keep the Mark VI's - just because they work so well, and I have under $300 into both, total...

So, anyone know anything about the T-Max??? I'm thinking it'll be a cheap temporary substitute for the GBE-750 I'm drooling over... I'm having it shipped in, with no commitment to buy, if I don't like it....

- georgestrings

• Members

Hi, must came upon your thread on the T-Max. I had one for 15 years.....great head, really. If you're cool wth the Mark series heads, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the T-Max. If all is in good condition on the head, it'll sound pretty sweet I think. Served me very well professionally for the 15 years I had it. Lots of hard hours on it. It finally gave up on me 2 years ago and I was ready for a change, went over to GK and now I've come home for the 1st time in over 25 years to Ampeg (MIA SVT-CL and 810 cab). For $250.00, I'd say you can't go wrong if it's tip-top!. Have fun with it. By the way, it's hella-loud with the 410tvx's (4-ohm). I ran mine with 410TVX and 210TVX both 4-ohm cabs. Never had a problem cutting through or being heard.

• Members

Thanks for the input - I fugured that atleast someone had used one of those heads over the years... All my cabs are 4 ohms(intentionally) - so, I limit my amp selection to those that are 2 ohm capable... I can cover any of my gigs with any one of my cabs - except the 210 - with the mark VI's already - so I have no doubt the T-Max will do just fine...

BTW, what exactly failed on your T-Max???

- georgestrings

Archived