Calling Burdizzos to the Fromunda-cheese-colored phone

Brother Mango

• Moderators

Rakim is THE best. The only one who comes close is eminem, that dude is just abou tthe baddest there is.

No rappers are good as their career progresses. Eric B Rakim have one good album, but it's good enough to give him the title. EPMD's debut is classic. Strictly Business is top 5 debuts of all time. After that they suck.

Even PE only put out 3 great albums out of like 11.

BDP had one classic, one alright one and a ton of {censored}....

Chuck D and Flava Flav are number 2....

Numbern one. It ain't even close.

Run DMC. 4 KILLER albums. An argumnet can be mad for 5.

Special props goes to LL Cool J with just about the strongest one-two punch with his first two,

NWA, EASY E, Snoop Dogg, Dre. One good album each, but so good their careers are justified.

Ice Cube has one great solo album.

All the greats have short careers.

Even eminem put out only two ultra-classics.

Think of Nas.....

One solitary a;lbum has made his reputation.

I don't think I could agree more than I do, except for Run DMC. Just not my thing. I give them credit for their place in history and the development of the art, but I can only maintain long term interest in Raising Hell.

• Members
I don't think I could agree more than I do, except for Run DMC. Just not my thing. I give them credit for their place in history and the development of the art, but I can only maintain long term interest in Raising Hell.

their debut is UNTOUCHABLE.....

Run-D.M.C..jpg

Hard times spreading just like the flu
Watch out homeboy, don't let it catch you

• Members

With PE, Fear of a Black Planet is the number one all time greatest rap album. The peak of the genre thus far. Their debut Yo Bum Rush the Show has not a bad track on it and some of the raddest rhymes ever.

It takes a Nation of Millions has about three of the best tracks of all time but there are some wack-ass tracks on that CD....

Everything else they put out is horrid.

Thats crazy to go from three of the greatest albums in the genre to total {censored} in less than one album. They didnt even put out a good track after FoaBP.

• Moderators
their debut is UNTOUCHABLE.....

Run-D.M.C..jpg

Hard times spreading just like the flu

Watch out homeboy, don't let it catch you

I know I should think so, but I don't. I fully admit it is my failing.

Was there ever a better video than Follow the Leader - Eric B and Rakim? For some reason that video just absolutely nails his vocal style in cinematic form.

• Moderators

With PE, Fear of a Black Planet is the number one all time greatest rap album. The peak of the genre thus far. Their debut Yo Bum Rush the Show has not a bad track on it and some of the raddest rhymes ever.

It takes a Nation of Millions has about three of the best tracks of all time but there are some wack-ass tracks on that CD....

Everything else they put out is horrid.

Thats crazy to go from three of the greatest albums in the genre to total {censored} in less than one album. They didnt even put out a good track after FoaBP.

I enjoyed Apocalypse 91...The Enemy Strikes Black for what it was, but you're right, FoaBP is the creative peak of the genre and I don't think it'll ever be surpassed. It is a work of art that should last for generations. I don't know how it happens, but Chuck D absolutely lost it. It's like in the world of physics, you flame out with genius early or you toil in mediocrity forever.

Archived