GC mini-rant ?

chunky-b

• Members

So I get the GC Holiday sale mini catalog in the mail on Monday. I finally get around to looking at the propaganda. I didn't count the total pages, but I did notice that there were more pages advertising "Guitard Hero III" than there were pages of bass related gear. We really are the dark side, aren't we? Or do they know their target audience of 13 year old wanna be's who hang out everyday and never buy anything? I like playing Guitar Hero with my kids thinking it may help get them more interested in music, but I'm just saying... :mad::freak:

• Members

i would think it would be more in GCs interest to sell gear that stimulates musical creativity, rather than software that merely simulates musical creativity.

+1 One would think the price point on a $100 video game was less profit than an overpriced MSRP Squire for $150, but who knows... They probably paid big $$$$ to get their logo splashed around GH II and III so they want it to sell so they get a cut of the sales.

• Members

+1 One would think the price point on a $100 video game was less profit than an overpriced MSRP Squire for $150, but who knows... They probably paid big $$$$ to get their logo splashed around GH II and III so they want it to sell so they get a cut of the sales.

Yup... and it's probably a lot less expensive than advertising during the Superbowl.

• Members

you buy junior GHIII and the lad sits on the couch all day. buy him a Squire and now he needs an amp, some chords (lavas maybe?), a strap, maybe a stomp box or 2. then he gets tired of his Squire and wants a real guitar, and a bigger amp. and he keeps coming in ans buying stuff.

• Members

What's up with all the the damn GH hate? Seriously, what is your problem. I stab every single one of you in the throat. :mad:

But yes, GC probably does get paid gobs to smear the GH logo all over the entire store. You should be well aware that bassists are the dark side by now, every ad I've ever recieved from them was like that. There are more pages on cymbals than bass gear :p

• Members

What's up with all the the damn GH hate? Seriously, what is your problem. I stab every single one of you in the throat.
:mad:

But yes, GC probably does get paid gobs to smear the GH logo all over the entire store. You should be well aware that bassists are the dark side by now, every ad I've ever recieved from them was like that. There are more pages on cymbals than bass gear
:p

Are you aiming this at me? If so then obviously your reading skills or perhaps comprehension skills could stand improvement. I state that I like GH and play it with my kids. So where do you see say that I hate it? :confused: I get the Sweetwater catalog last night and it has at least 8 pages of bass gear. I was just re-iterating that once again the bass community is slighted by GC. Watch your own jugular! :rolleyes:

:lol:

• Members

Are you aiming this at me? If so then obviously your reading skills or perhaps comprehension skills could stand improvement. I state that I like GH and play it with my kids. So where do you see say that I hate it?
:confused:
I get the Sweetwater catalog last night and it has at least 8 pages of bass gear. I was just re-iterating that once again the bass community is slighted by GC. Watch your own jugular!
:rolleyes:

:lol:

Nah it was aimed at no one in particular. There was some GH hate in this thread, and there has been lots more around these boards the past week... I don't know wtf everyone's problem is over a video game. Last I checked I never heard coreographers bitching over DDR or soldiers complaining about Call of Duty. Plus I'd be willing to bet most of the people hate it just to hate it, and never even gave it a fair shot. Just stfu already. /rant

I've never heard of sweetwater, I may google+subscribe... Cause, ya know, the $2500 I've spent in the past week on bass stuff isn't enough :D:rolleyes:

• Members

Nah it was aimed at no one in particular. There was some GH hate in this thread, and there has been lots more around these boards the past week... I don't know wtf everyone's problem is over a video game. Last I checked I never heard coreographers bitching over DDR or soldiers complaining about Call of Duty. Plus I'd be willing to bet most of the people hate it just to hate it, and never even gave it a fair shot. Just stfu already. /rant

I've never heard of sweetwater, I may google+subscribe... Cause, ya know, the $2500 I've spent in the past week on bass stuff isn't enough
:D:rolleyes:

I saw an add in the Sweetwater for a bass that caught my eye in the local music store. GAS level increasing. Need second job to afford more gear!

LINKY to Sweetwater

Link to Peavey Site

00593920_3.jpg

Archived