First song ready for CD, on Myspace

HumptyThumpty

• Members

12/2/07 - Updated, more songs on Myspace see below

Aside from the fact that it is not the kind of music many of you like, please comment on our first tune now posted. This is the first one ready for mastering for the our CD. The amount of detail and the time it is taking to get these mixed is unbelievable. This is my first time involved in such a project.

If you hate it I don't mind you bashing, but please try to include some constructive feedback. I look forward to and respect the ears and opinions of the musicians on this forum. Here goes...

Steve Smith and The Sneakers

www.myspace.com/stevesmithandthesneakers

• Members

I like the music... I like the vibe... and I really dig the sound you guys have.

The only thing is... when the song first started playing... I thought it was the opening music for a late night TV talk show. :D

Very nice playing by everyone. :thu: And that's a really solid recording IMO.

• Members

Thoughts while I listen:

Nice Mix. I dig it. really really crisp for an MP3. I bet it kills on disk.

Nice groove. You're pretty tight with your drummer, hey? That's awesome.

Singer has a great voice. Ahhh keys, killer! Nice solid guitar solo.

Backups sound good too.

Anyone who would put this down is just a dork and I wouldn't listen to them.

It's a solid recording. :thu:

Friend request sent

Eve.

• Members

Sounds really really great! Love the music! I'm totally digging the sounds of each instrument. Great job on that! Fantastic playing from everyone, as well. Well anyways, here's a few things that I'd dig a lot more. First, the mix is too darn quiet. Am I the only one who thinks this? I had to turn my speakers up to almost 40%, and I never use over 20% for this much volume. I hope this gets settled during the mastering process. Second, personally I'd like the guitar to be a bit more 'in your face', now it sounds like it's "away". Maybe it's 'cause of the delay/reverb, I'm not sure really. Everything else sounds friggin' killer! Nice job! Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!

• Members

Overall, a good outing. The vocals I think could be a little more throaty, but they have their moments.

I'm in agreement that I'd like the guitar (especially the solo starting at 2:05 and again at 3:34) to be a lot more prominent. Like it steps forward.. shows it's stuff.. then steps back to blend back in.

Tight, though. Seem to be in sync for sure.

• Members

I like the music... I like the vibe... and I really dig the sound you guys have.

The only thing is... when the song first started playing... I thought it was the opening music for a late night TV talk show.
:D

Very nice playing by everyone.
:thu:
And that's a really solid recording IMO.

Thanks Pauly! I really appreciate the input. I wish HAD talk show gig that would be cool.

• Members

Thoughts while I listen:

Nice Mix. I dig it. really really crisp for an MP3. I bet it kills on disk.

Nice groove. You're pretty tight with your drummer, hey? That's awesome.

Singer has a great voice. Ahhh keys, killer! Nice solid guitar solo.

Backups sound good too.

Anyone who would put this down is just a dork and I wouldn't listen to them.

It's a solid recording.

Friend request sent

Eve.

Bassgirl, Nice to here your impressions as you listen. I'm thrilled you dig it. We've spend a lot of time in the studio and were hoping the recording came out good. Thank you for your input! Myspace friend request accepted.

• Members

Sounds really really great! Love the music! I'm totally digging the sounds of each instrument. Great job on that! Fantastic playing from everyone, as well. Well anyways, here's a few things that I'd dig a lot more. First, the mix is too darn quiet. Am I the only one who thinks this? I had to turn my speakers up to almost 40%, and I never use over 20% for this much volume. I hope this gets settled during the mastering process. Second, personally I'd like the guitar to be a bit more 'in your face', now it sounds like it's "away". Maybe it's 'cause of the delay/reverb, I'm not sure really. Everything else sounds friggin' killer! Nice job! Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!

Bluesman, good input! I was thinking it seemed a little quiet too. As I listen to the guitar solo yes I'm going to talk to our Steve about both those suggestions.

Thank you!

• Members

Overall, a good outing. The vocals I think could be a little more throaty, but they have their moments.

I'm in agreement that I'd like the guitar (especially the solo starting at 2:05 and again at 3:34) to be a lot more prominent. Like it steps forward.. shows it's stuff.. then steps back to blend back in.

Tight, though. Seem to be in sync for sure.

Thanks lokidecat! When we cut the wav file to make the MP3 off of, we discovered we thought the lead vocals were a little thin but it was the second cut and it was late so we went ahead in order to get something out on the site. Good input thank you.

• Members

Wow, I am so happy that you liked it. That jacks me up so much. Thank you Poltergeist!!

i wanna hear your other stuff... this song is sooooo cool... i love blues.... generally i say white people dont have the blues.... except for Tom Waits..... but in your blues/rock area, you kill it, you are all really great musicians.... is that you singing?

• Members

i wanna hear your other stuff... this song is sooooo cool... i love blues.... generally i say white people dont have the blues.... except for Tom Waits..... but in your blues/rock area, you kill it, you are all really great musicians.... is that you singing?

I wish I could sing that good. That is Steve Smith on lead vocals and keys. He is the one with the red beret on the Myspace. Thank you again for you input and kind words.

• Members

Good stuff! There's a reason that this music is still being played today, if it was ever going to die, you'd think that it would have stopped makin' toes tap long ago....... I used to play in a blues band, now my band does more rock and roll, but we still have our fun with the blues! I like it a lot! very tight and groovin'!

• Members

Bluesman, good input! I was thinking it seemed a little quiet too. As I listen to the guitar solo yes I'm going to talk to our Steve about both those suggestions.

Thank you!

No problem. Just trying to help! Have in mind that, other than the being too quiet thing, this is what I personally see as 'better'. It all comes down to personal preference, I believe.

• Members

Good stuff! There's a reason that this music is still being played today, if it was ever going to die, you'd think that it would have stopped makin' toes tap long ago....... I used to play in a blues band, now my band does more rock and roll, but we still have our fun with the blues! I like it a lot! very tight and groovin'!

Bassred, thanks for the comments! I really love being in a blues band even though we play to some small crowds a lot of the time.

Nasty Habits; Las Vegas - I got a Friend Request from them, is that your group? If so you guys sound great. That is an awesome live recording. I love your tone and tight playing.

• Members

Bassred, thanks for the comments! I really love being in a blues band even though we play to some small crowds a lot of the time.

Nasty Habits; Las Vegas - I got a Friend Request from them, is that your group? If so you guys sound great. That is an awesome live recording. I love your tone and tight playing.

Yup, Nasty Habits is me! THanks!!!

• Members

YOWZA!! Thats some good stuff, right there!!! Damn, thats better than most stuff I hear coming from Alligator :thu: ... You and the drummer are a MONSTER rhythm section !! You guys shuffle like nobody's business!! :thu: All three songs kick ass -- "Small Price To Pay...." was an interesting departure and has that Gary Moore "Still Got The Blues" feel without sounding like it and having an interestingly unique chord progression.... Sounds like a Korg piano......

Great Stuff!!!

• Members

YOWZA!! Thats some good stuff, right there!!! Damn, thats better than most stuff I hear coming from Alligator
... You and the drummer are a MONSTER rhythm section !! You guys shuffle like nobody's business!!
All three songs kick ass -- "Small Price To Pay...." was an interesting departure and has that Gary Moore "Still Got The Blues" feel without sounding like it and having an interestingly unique chord progression.... Sounds like a Korg piano......

Great Stuff!!!

Thanks you Stormtrooper! I really appreciate you giving a listen and thank you for the kind words. I think you nailed where were coming from including the fact that, that is indeed a Korg piano. How'd you hear that?

• Members

Oh so much better how you have the guit solo come up to the vocal level for that section. And the vocals are much more prominent.

I turned my head and my GF was bobbing her head from side to side as I played it. So, that's pretty neat =P

Thanks for your input man, I'm glad your GF liked it, we have to keep the lady's diggin' it. :thu:

Archived