mikgag

• Members

Eden + $ for your Avatar? TAKE THE DEAL!!! Even if you hate the Eden, you can sell it for more than another Avatar costs.

+1 unless there's something seriously wrong with the Eden it's definitely worth more than the Avatar and I personally love the sound of the 410xlt!

oh and ..........:mad:

• Members

:mad:

forget about the money.

Tone. Power. SPLs. Drop D handling.

O.k..........:mad:

I don't know or care about the specs off-hand, but I have used an Avatar B212 (Delta, 4 ohm) for a few years now and while I love it and feel it handles the low B fine for my needs, I would trade it for an Eden 410xlt straight up in a second. I have played and heard others played through the 410xlt and I love the tone. It seems to my ears to be a fairly efficient, loud cabinet with a fairly aggressive tone.....sorry I'm not real good at describing tones.....

For the record I've played/heard the 410xlt using my SWR 350X head and an Eden head...not sure which one....:mad:

• Members

Is the Eden significantly more efficient/louder?

I hate using superlatives but the 410XLT is the greatest cabinet made. I've had mine since 1996 and have used it under just about any amp you can imagine. Everything from a Walter Woods HP 1000 to a 1994 Ampeg B2 (which gives it less then 200 watts at 8 ohms). Low power, Hi Power... it doesn't matter. That cabinet always sounds great and always has amazingly deep and tight low end.

Here is a pic of my 2 main rigs:

Mesa mPulse 600 with a 4ohm Powerhouse 212 cab.

Eden WT-500 (Bridged Mono) with a 8 ohm Eden 410XLT

The Eden is at least 40% louder but more importantly, the low end is exponentially deeper and tighter.

Don't get me wrong, I am in love with the tone of my Mesa but when I play my funk gigs where I need the lows and power... it is the eden all of the way.

rigs.jpg

• Members

I hate using superlatives but the 410XLT is the greatest cabinet made. I've had mine since 1996 and have used it under just about any amp you can imagine. Everything from a Walter Woods HP 1000 to a 1994 Ampeg B2 (which gives it less then 200 watts at 8 ohms). Low power, Hi Power... it doesn't matter. That cabinet always sounds great and always has amazingly deep and tight low end.

Here is a pic of my 2 main rigs:

Mesa mPulse 600 with a 4ohm Powerhouse 212 cab.

Eden WT-500 (Bridged Mono) with a 8 ohm Eden 410XLT

The Eden is at least 40% louder but more importantly, the low end is exponentially deeper and tighter.

Don't get me wrong, I am in love with the tone of my Mesa but when I play my funk gigs where I need the lows and power... it is the eden all of the way.

Have you ever played the older Eden's? I just recently bought a D-410T (I believe). Everyone seems to rave over the XT series, which is great cause that makes me believe I made a good purchase... But for all I know, the cab I bought and the ones currently in production are completely different.

• Members

well excuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeee for not getting your pop-culture references or something... im dont live in america or anything :poke:

I DO live in America, and I rarely get the pop-culture references myself ;), but I figured it wasn't too much of a stretch to think that if you knew Steve Martin, that you'd know Dana Carvey. Sorry! :D

• Members

cool rigs.

How does the Eden handle drop D or low B?

Wonderfully. I have a Warwick Streamer 5 that I drop to A (for a HipHop gig) and it is awesome. I have to use a little more compression to help keep things in check but the cab handles it just fine.

If this is going to be your only cabinet, try to get the 4 ohm version. I only got the 8 ohm version because my head requires it when bridged mono.

My cab is from 1996 and I replaced the drivers in 2004. I think the Pre Music Corp Buy Out gear is far superior. There is a big difference between the different 410 cabs. The D-410T (If I remember correctly) is a rear ported, smaller cabinet. The XLT is front ported and has more interior volume. The result is a little less articulation but much more bottom end. Actually, I recently had my Eden head set up with my XLT and a T on top. I rolled from left to right and there was a huge difference in tone between the cabinets. I don't think one was better then the other, just different. It would be great to have both though.

For the record, that cabinet is brutally heavy. I don't know how much but it has to be close to (or more then) 100lbs.

That is a '99 Ken Smith (BSR4-J).

• Members

Wonderfully. I have a Warwick Streamer 5 that I drop to A (for a HipHop gig) and it is awesome. I have to use a little more compression to help keep things in check but the cab handles it just fine.

If this is going to be your only cabinet, try to get the 4 ohm version. I only got the 8 ohm version because my head requires it when bridged mono.

My cab is from 1996 and I replaced the drivers in 2004. I think the Pre Music Corp Buy Out gear is far superior. There is a big difference between the different 410 cabs. The D-410T (If I remember correctly) is a rear ported, smaller cabinet. The XLT is front ported and has more interior volume. The result is a little less articulation but much more bottom end. Actually, I recently had my Eden head set up with my XLT and a T on top. I rolled from left to right and there was a huge difference in tone between the cabinets. I don't think one was better then the other, just different. It would be great to have both though.

For the record, that cabinet is brutally heavy. I don't know how much but it has to be close to (or more then) 100lbs.

That is a '99 Ken Smith (BSR4-J).

Aw that sucks. Good to know though, I'll have to checkout some of the XL series sometime then. and see what I think of 'em. I got my D410T for $300 though, so I can't really complain regardless. And yes, it was one heavy ass mfkin cabinet. It was NOT fun hauling it inside and down the narrow stairway and into my room over my desk all by myself.

Archived