DAOTD: Sudan

Craig Vecchione

• CMS Author

So a British teacher in Sudan had her class vote to name the class's teddy bear. They voted for Muhammed. When the teacher emailed parents asking for volunteers to take the stuffed toy home for the weekends, some parents complained and now the teacher is facing a public whipping and other penalties for "insulting Islam".

It gets harder and harder to have any respect for this religion.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

The charge given her is something like inciting hatred against Islam. The kids she taught wanted that name and held it in high regard. The only folks who appear to be inciting hatred against Islam are the ones interested in pursuing a 40 lash sentence.

• Members

if i was her i think i would take the lashings and be done with it.

look at what happened to that girl who was riding in a car with a non relative and got a 90 lashes sentence after being gang-raped at knife point. they appealed her case and she got double the lashings.

those hardcore muslims are pretty sick Fers, big pussies when it comes down to it. id take those lashings with a smile.

• Members

Islam is in the same stage Christianity was about 400 years back. Not surprising. But it's also a regional thing, for example Muslim clerics in Britain are calling the whole thing absurd as well.

The height of stupidity was the whole cartoon thing; proof they just can't take a joke.

Anyone imagine a 'Life of Brian'-esque take on Islam? Everyone involved in it would be blown up :freak:

• Members

So a British teacher in Sudan had her class vote to name the class's teddy bear. They voted for Muhammed. When the teacher emailed parents asking for volunteers to take the stuffed toy home for the weekends, some parents complained and now the teacher is facing a public whipping and other penalties for "insulting Islam".

Stop it now.

It IS the religion of peace. :rolleyes:

That bitch needs the 200 lashes in a public square. And we here in the US of A support them because we believe in cultural diversity. :thu:

If she does it again, she should have her clitorectomy!

• Moderators
Stop it now.

It IS the religion of peace.
:rolleyes:

That bitch needs the 200 lashes in a public square. And we here in the US of A support them because we believe in cultural diversity.
:thu:

If she does it again, she should have her clitorectomy!

You missed the 200 lashes sentence handed out to the gang rape VICTIM in Saudi Arabia.

• Members

You missed the 200 lashes sentence handed out to the gang rape VICTIM in Saudi Arabia.

I did see that one too. Hey, it's their culture, we must live and let live you know.

Now, this rape victim deserves everything she gets. She should have and definitely deserves a public clitorectomy! :thu:

• Members

I like to judge all religions by their most extreme whacked out sects. That must be the most accurate way to do it, obviously. Never mind the majority who have nothing to do with any such crap. I mean since a few Catholic priests are pedophiles, by extension they must all be, right? Clearly all Catholics must support them too.

How about these guys? All Christians everywhere must support adultery. Since a few of them are doing it, it just makes sense that every Christian in the world is in favour of it.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/sex-scandal-rocks-famed-megachurch/20071119180409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I mean, come on. Get serious. If you think "the whole muslim world" supports the lashing of this teacher, you are probably beyond help. Take off the blinders.

• Members

I like to judge all religions by their most extreme whacked out sects. That must be the most accurate way to do it, obviously.

Thank you. :)

I usually don't respond to this kind of {censored} because it's as likely to be trolling as it is to be true ignorance or bigotry on display. :idk:

A broad brush is a sign of a narrow mind.

• Members

I like to judge all religions by their most extreme whacked out sects. That must be the most accurate way to do it, obviously. Never mind the majority who have nothing to do with any such crap. I mean since a few Catholic priests are pedophiles, by extension they must all be, right? Clearly all Catholics must support them too.

How about these guys? All Christians everywhere must support adultery. Since a few of them are doing it, it just makes sense that every Christian in the world is in favour of it.

I mean, come on. Get serious. If you think "the whole muslim world" supports the lashing of this teacher, you are probably beyond help. Take off the blinders.

You win the thread.

• Moderators

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/sex-scandal-rocks-famed-megachurch/20071119180409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Nobody in this thread is suggesting that. If you'd like to take ALL our conversation out of context feel free to continue on your path. This is Sudanese law. The case I mentioned was in Saudi Arabia. Perhaps ALL of us who have posted in this thread should be more concerned at your lack of humanitarianism. Let's be real here. This teacher getting 40 lashes and the gang rape VICTM getting 200 lashes is in a completely different category than your strawman links. This has nothing to do with religion as you would like to make it and everything to do with society.

• Members

Nobody in this thread is suggesting that. If you'd like to take ALL our conversation out of context feel free to continue on your path. This is Sudanese law. The case I mentioned was in Saudi Arabia. Perhaps ALL of us who have posted in this thread should be more concerned at your lack of humanitarianism. Let's be real here. This teacher getting 40 lashes and the gang rape VICTM getting 200 lashes is in a completely different category than your strawman links.
This has nothing to do with religion as you would like to make it
and everything to do with society.

From the thread starter.

Clearly tying the incident to the religion.

More quotes from this thread.

It IS the religion of peace.
:rolleyes:

Anyone imagine a 'Life of Brian'-esque take on Islam? Everyone involved in it would be blown up

How widespread is this religion?

:idk:

• Members

Fair enough. What I'm worried about is how widespread extremism seems to be, and how much it has infiltrated certain governments. It's not entirely Islam either, because certain actions are vehemently opposed by the vast majority of even the most stringent clerics. Things like clitorectomies and honor killings usually have roots in tribal practices which are then shoehorned into that particular subculture's interpretation of Islam.

It's more than just religion, for sure. What we'd like to see happen is government reform, and more fair and equal treatment under the law. You can point out extremist groups in the United States, but their views don't make it into public policy. Huge difference there. No one in their right mind would deny that jail time and 40 lashes for naming a Teddy Bear Muhammed is outrageous, or that 200 lashes for a gang rape victim is even moreso.

It's important that the rest of the world stands up and calls the respective governments out on this ridiculous behavior, and I think we're doing that at least to some extent.

• Moderators

So what are you trying to say? That my "lack of humanitarianism" is in fact thinly veiled support for people being punished by lashing for something as stupid as the naming of a teddy bear or worse, being raped? I wasn't even commenting on this.

Sure you were in your silence. You even attempted to drag a different race and different religion into the conversation. One has nothing to do with the other. These are the LEGAL systems in these countries and they happen to be backwards. The British Muslim clerics happen to be opposed to what is happening in Sudan and have made their feelings known. The majority of Saudis are against the sentence received by the rape victim.

Instead of standing up against injustice you would rather wag your finger at a different religion where preachers fornicate with secretaries and other congregants. The big difference is the LEGAL consequences that will be suffered by the preachers and the adultresses. Until you actually come out of the closet and say you are absolutely against the inhumane punishment of these women, you haven't done jack. There is certainly nothing humanitarian deflecting an actual atrocity to point out a little fly in the ointment. That's all you've done here.

• Members

Sure you were in your silence. You even attempted to drag a different race and different religion into the conversation. One has nothing to do with the other. These are the LEGAL systems in these countries and they happen to be backwards. The British Muslim clerics happen to be opposed to what is happening in Sudan and have made their feelings known. The majority of Saudis are against the sentence received by the rape victim.

Instead of standing up against injustice you would rather wag your finger at a different religion where preachers fornicate with secretaries and other congregants. The big difference is the LEGAL consequences that will be suffered by the preachers and the adultresses. Until you actually come out of the closet and say you are absolutely against the inhumane punishment of these women, you haven't done jack. There is certainly nothing humanitarian deflecting an actual atrocity to point out a little fly in the ointment. That's all you've done here.

Sure thing, Professor Thudmaker. :thu:

As you must have concluded, I'm definitely "all for" injustice. I think tomorrow night's theme for my birthday party will be injustice. Awesome! Woo hoo for injustice!

Too bad that still had nothing to do with what I posted, which was in response to something that had nothing to do what what you posted.

• Moderators
Sure thing, Professor Thudmaker.
:thu:

As you must have concluded, I'm definitely "all for" injustice. I think tomorrow night's theme for my birthday party will be injustice. Awesome! Woo hoo for injustice!

Too bad that still had nothing to do with what I posted, which was in response to something that had nothing to do what what you posted.

You still remain silent.

Archived