So then which christmas songs do ya like??????

Funkee1

• Members

This girl in my praise band at church, she sings "What Child Is This" every Christmas. She's the praise team leader's daughter, and can really get it out. Makes my hair stand on end, especially since I get to play it too. :)

It's pretty sweet. I even get to solo in it, just a tad.

Oh, and everything Harry Connick, Jr. does. I don't care what anyone says- that guy is great. :cool:

• Members

The Pogues w/ Kirsty McColl - Fairytale of New York

:)

Cool tune.

Did you notice Matt Dillon? That dude must be a huge music fan/perhaps scenester. He's shows up in "Let's Rock Again, The Joe Strummer DVD and The Dinosaur Jr Live at The Middle East DVD, just to name the 2 that I have.

And to my own Christmas Dorkdom, I am recording a Christmas Album with my wife and in-laws. My father-in-law does a tear-jerking, neck hair-raising version of "O'Holy Night." He and my mother-in-law are doing "Noel: Christmas Eve, 1913".

So far I've got "I Saw Three Ships" down and a kind of raggae-ish version of "What Child Is This?" Or, as my wife not-so-affectionately dubbed it, "Whose Kid Is This?" after hearing me butcher it on guitar so many times while trying to learn it. :D:o

Right now, I'm trying to learn "Sleigh Ride". That's kind of a toughy.

Mrs. FB and I are also going to duet on "Baby, It's Cold Outside". :love:

And, next up might be "Joy To Teh World". :D

:thu:

• Members

I wanna learn a christmas song on bass, any suggestions for a not too hard one that I can expand a little bit.

Learn the left hand piano part of Linus and Lucy from the Charlie Brown Christmas. Pretty easy and fun to play. I heard a three piece power trio play it once with the bass playing the left hand piano part and the guitar playing the right hand part. Sounded pretty cool.

• Members

I wanna learn a christmas song on bass, any suggestions for a not too hard one that I can expand a little bit.

I had some fun with the bassline to "What Child Is This" ("Greensleeves"). The chord progression is pretty simple, but there's lots of room to pick up and follow the melody at times as well as add your own lines under it.

Archived