OT: Bands you could never get into.

Conformer

• Members

I dunno why but the Smashing Pumpkins never did anything for me. Kinda bored me back in the day. I could never dig Corgons voice either. Not saying they are bad musicians, just something about them seemed flat and stale.

Blind Melon was another one that I couldn't dig.

Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Niel Young, are some others. Good song writers but never did much for me.

• Members

Is it me or does someone make this exact same topic post every other week or so? Didn't we just have one?

Stop with the "bands you don't get" or "bands you hate" or other such negative crap. It only starts arguments. If you don't like a band, STFU about it already. Literally, no one cares.

Ummm...sorry I don't catch the topics of every thread. Didn't see that one. As you can tell me and others have stated respect for the musicians in these bands, just not what they play.

• Members
Is it me or does someone make this exact same topic post every other week or so? Didn't we just have one?

Stop with the "bands you don't get" or "bands you hate" or other such negative crap. It only starts arguments. If you don't like a band, STFU about it already. Literally, no one cares.

Who stole the jelly out of your donut ? :confused:

• Members

Discourse like this is valueable to musical growth. If someone's favorite band makes that list, some might reevaluate their listening choices. Others may be given cause to re-listen to a band they may have written off because there is such fan loyalty.

Either way, there's no downside to this coming up every few weeks.

It's better than the parody threads anyway.

Oh.........and Dream Theater.

Archived