aggressive P pickups

Bluescout

• Members

Agrees with Bholder, the Dimarzio rail type P's. Though my fave for best agressive P tone are the BC Rich BDSM P bass pups for bridge and neck position as found stock on the NT (& classic series for mockingbird) & warlock basses.

500 ks do emphasize treble but not in a good way imo as compared to the more even but growly lows thru highs of 200k pots with right pups imo.

• Members

I'll have to try and score some DiMarzio Split Ps. I have a friend that might have a bass with them I can try out.

RigPixxx002.jpg

Do it. And if you want it to be REALLY aggressive, wire those bitches straight to the jack. Aggression on a P is obtained by cranking the volume and tone anyways, so get those pots out of the signal chain and your bass will come alive.

C7

• Members

Do it. And if you want it to be REALLY aggressive, wire those bitches straight to the jack. Aggression on a P is obtained by cranking the volume and tone anyways, so get those pots out of the signal chain and your bass will come alive.

C7

+1 on wiring direct to the jack! I have my fretless P wired direct with a Reverend 10K P pickup. It's hot as hell, I had it wired like that when I had it fretted too. It packs some punch. :love:

• Members
RigPixxx002.jpg

C7

Y'know, after I sent that pickup your way, I really started kicking myself in the pants. I didn't stop kicking until I finally got another a few months ago.Oh, and the BAII is definitely a good compliment to the DP 127. :thu:Although, I can't explain it, but when I had that combination on the Yamaha BB300 that I had, it didn't sound just right for some reason. :freak:

Archived