Best songs/ albums of the year?

Funkee1

• Members

What do you think?

I say, in no particular order:

Umbrella- Rhianna

Last Night- P. Diddy feat. Keyshia Cole

Whatever the new Foo Fighters single is called.......

Irreplaceable- Beyonce

Feist (her whole album)

Before He Cheats- Carrie Underwood

Alicia Keys new one

Eagles- Long road out of Eden

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

Regina Spektor

and...... (as much as I hate to admit it, and I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this one)......

I got it from my mama- Will i am (Cause, like My Humps

Linkin Park (whatever the latest one was called)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Serj Tankian's solo album is awesome, I got it last week. Other than that I haven't bought any new albums this year. Everything else has been older stuff.

The album is called "Elect The Dead". If you didn't know, Serj is the singer for System of A Down. This album takes a more melodical approach with vocal harmonies, piano, acoustic guitar. It also has its heavy parts. Some wonderful buildups in it. Its a very lively album IMO.

• Members

there is not a single thing on your list funkee1 that goes anywhere beyond mainstream {censored} you hear over and over again every day.

it's like your tatstes dont extend beyond what you can hear when you push the on button on your radio/tv.

you need to start putting effort into finding new avenues of music.

You criticize my taste, yet you offer no counters to my list.

On top of that, I'll bet you solid money most of those songs? albums will be on the best lists by the critics this yer, and a lot of those songs were top 10 songs all year.

I like a good melody, catchy hooks, and memorable choruses. I like Pop music. If you like other types of songs, great for you, but until you can add something helpful instead of crackin on me how bout a nice big cup of shut the {censored} up?

• Members

You criticize my taste, yet you offer no counters to my list.

On top of that, I'll bet you solid money most of those songs? albums will be on the best lists by the critics this yer, and a lot of those songs were top 10 songs all year.

not indicative of quality. pop music sucks, it's for people who don't really like music

• Members

not indicative of quality. pop music sucks, it's for people who don't really like music

Strongly disagree, and writing catchy, memorable songs is an art, to be respected in and of itself.

And, like BOALG, you didn't post your list of favorites. I didn't ask anyoneto like my choices. I asked everyone to post theirchoices.

I like what I like. Lets hear what you chumps dig!

• Members

Strongly disagree, and writing catchy, memorable songs is an art, to be respected in and of itself.

And, like BOALG, you didn't post your list of favorites. I didn't ask
anyone
to like my choices. I asked everyone to post
their
choices.

I like what I like. Lets hear what you chumps dig!

I only bought one record released this year, it was Type O Negative. everything else was a load of crap. 2007 was a very poor year for music

• Members

there is not a single thing on your list funkee1 that goes anywhere beyond mainstream {censored} you hear over and over again every day.

it's like your tatstes dont extend beyond what you can hear when you push the on button on your radio/tv.

Actually Leslie Feist has done a lot with the music scene in Canada, and is big on the "indie" circuit (being signed to the Arts and Crafts label will do that though). I am pretty surprised for her sudden jump in popularity in the states, she's been big around here for a few years for her solo stuff, and her work with Broken Social Scene and By Divine Right.

So while most of bassgeek's list may be trash ;) I've gotta give some props to Feist for sure.

• Members

I think the only new albums I listened to this year were the Hornsby/DeJohnette/McBride release and Toupe's Chat! album. Both were excellent.

By and large, I don't listen to radio though, so I'm a pretty poor barometer of these things. I find my new music in other ways, because I actually like good music, which you won't find much of on MTV or the radio.

• Members
I think the only new albums I listened to this year were the Hornsby/DeJohnette/McBride release and Toupe's Chat! album. Both were excellent.

By and large, I don't listen to radio though, so I'm a pretty poor barometer of these things. I find my new music in other ways, because I actually like
good
music, which you won't find much of on MTV or the radio.

I'm surprised you haven't even heard Neil's newest release yet. :eek:

• Members

By and large, I don't listen to radio though, so I'm a pretty poor barometer of these things. I find my new music in other ways, because I actually like
good
music, which you won't find much of on MTV or the radio.

Gotta hear that Hornsby/ DeJohnette/McBride CD. Good call BH!

• Members

it's godly! i love that version of "Ohio"... brings tears to my eyes!

Exactly, and I think that it has the absolute best version of Journey Through The Past and Cowgirl In The Sand.

I've had the late show soundboard for that night for a while, but the quality was a bit fuzzy. I'm so glad they finally released a cleaned up version of it, even if it is a composite of both shows that night.

Archived