Tascam Bass Trainer

Tolka

• Members

I recently bought one and so far I'm not too impressed. Maybe I'm too old
:rolleyes:
for gadgets like this. I might get used to it in time. Is it just me ? Any opinions ?

I have one and I have used it for slowing down some stuff that I wanted to hear and learn.

It is also good as a personal headphone amp to play to yourself. I've spent hours doing this with mine.

What was the reason you wanted one ?

• Members

What was the reason you wanted one ?

Mainly, like you, I want to slow down some tracks to learn the bass lines. I also thought you could isolate (my mistake) the bass on the track to further help in learning the lines. Alas this is not the case :cry:

• Members

Mainly, like you, I want to slow down some tracks to learn the bass lines. I also thought you could isolate (my mistake) the bass on the track to further help in learning the lines. Alas this is not the case
:cry:

You can boost or cut the low frequencies but unless the bass track is completely isolated on the left or right channel nothing is going to cut everything else out for you.

• Members

Mainly, like you, I want to slow down some tracks to learn the bass lines. I also thought you could isolate (my mistake) the bass on the track to further help in learning the lines. Alas this is not the case
:cry:

Yes, there is a way to isolate the tracks so the bass becomes more prominent and the other parts of the music are put into the background. Of course, this too will depend on the quality of the original soundtrack you're analyzing.

On my unit, there is the Menu setting called BEE. Once you get to this setting, by hitting the right arrow key, then you use the upper key to scroll throught the settings. I believe there are four different settings that will enhance or even remove the bass from the track. You can use this setting to function as the only bassist on that song, a cool tool or to amplify the bass so that's virtually all you can hear.

• Members

Even if you can't isolate the bass as effectively as you'd like, the looping feature alone is worthwhile to help learn difficult passages.

I never have used mine much but will agree that the loop function is the most useful feature of these units. It saves so much trouble since you're not reaching to rewind and cue and then get back to the strings and refocus your mind -- I can so much more quickly and effectively zone in and concentrate on a passage in song, then re-set on the next part I need to learn or whatever . . . it's sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived