Tech in the Lowell/Billerica, MA Area?

BASSDAD

• Members

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good tech in northeastern MA southern NewHampshire area?

I'm bring my son his b-day bass next week and I'm driving it out to him so I can't it looked at local(or by Kindness) before I go.

Billerica, Lowell, Cambridge,Tewksbury, Nashua are close enough.

Oh yeah, this is the buzzing A string bass from my other thread.

Thanks!

• Members

the good techs book a month out.

do you need a setup?

did/would the store you bought the bass at do a setup?

what kind of bass is it?

I absolutley need a setup! That could do it too. I'll try that local before I go out East.

I bought it through the mail.

It's a Traben Array NT (Yeah I know. It's for my kid's 15th b-day and he digs 'em) Actually a very good looking axe if you like that kind of stuff. Big tramp stamp bridge, quilted maple, etc.

All good except the A.

BTW WTF is a Picofarad?

• Members

You may live to regret that question!
:D
The giant cable test thread/bitch session will answer that for you.

I'll put a call into a musician friend of mine who used to live in Lowell area and see if he has any suggestions.
:)

Thanks! That would be great.

Maybe I'm just being too picky cause it's for my kid. It buzzes unplugged. Couldn't plug it in last night(neighbors).

I just had a chance to plugit in I can't hear the buzz through the amp:)

....but it shouldn't be there at all:mad:

• Members

yes.

Jim is now booking January.

Thanks and Damn!

I'll start with the set-up at a local shop.

If it still needs work. Maybe I can look him and prepay while I'm out there to get a professional overhaul on it. The boys mom can drive him when Jim is ready. Cambridge is very close for them.

Was Porter Square the name of his store /bussiness in the post?

Thanks

• Members

Thanks for the info. I'll keep him in mind for later use. I decided to take it to a local store. The guy said he had worked on Alembec neck thrus when I called. When I walked in I got a nice suprise. Real luthiers! Tools lathes and all kind of {censored} in a windowed room. The old dude claims to be an ex-Gibson authorized repairman with some loose connection still. He's got an apprentice guy that went to some fretted instrument school in Michigan.

They start production of their stuff in January. I think they can handle the Traben.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Archived