Ampeg B15R compared to others?

Rob Martinez

• Members

I have the Ampeg B100R and B200R, I really love these combos, tone and looks.

I am CONSIDERING getting the all tube B15R, but am wondering if the difference in sound would be worth the $. Anyone out there have experience with these? I want a warm, vintage tone with natural distortion. Or am I better off just using what I already have and am VERY satisfied with?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The Mesa is a great amp, but I'm not sure it's really going to get you a natural distortion or a vintage tone. Mesa's are a fairly modern sounding amp. Granted they have great EQ's that do wonders...so I guess anything is possible. As far as the distortion goes...I don't see that happening with a Walkabout.

• Members

The Mesa is a great amp, but I'm not sure it's really going to get you a natural distortion or a vintage tone. Mesa's are a fairly modern sounding amp. Granted they have great EQ's that do wonders...so I guess anything is possible. As far as the distortion goes...I don't see that happening with a Walkabout.

you're right about the distortion... he's gonna have to get something else as far as that goes... but well, there are great pedals out there! :cool:

Archived