Question.

ec437

• Members

From bash.org:

My gaming machine is running 2k at the moment, but I may have to downgrade to XP in the near future, or make it a dual boot.

Downgrade to XP ? :S

2k is older then XP. It is called upgrading.

LogiForce: going from "bad" to "worse" is not an upgrade even if "worse" was released after "bad".

• Members

From bash.org:

My gaming machine is running 2k at the moment, but I may have to downgrade to XP in the near future, or make it a dual boot.

Downgrade to XP ? :S

2k is older then XP. It is called upgrading.

LogiForce: going from "bad" to "worse" is not an upgrade even if "worse" was released after "bad".

A more accurate statement regarding windows has never been spoken. I swear, every time I have to use this new vista {censored} I want to punch every microsoft (aka macrosuck) programmer in the face. It is excruciatingly slow and makes no sense at all.

• Members

And yet, PC/Macrosuck fans continue to bash those of us who switched to the Mac platform :idk:

I never planned to become a Mac user. But I got so fed up with all the problems I've had with MS operating systems over the years that I finally gave up. A computer is supposed to work. I shouldn't need to be a computer tech just to browse the web and use a word processor.

Emre

• Members

It's not that they tried too hard, it's that they expended their efforts on all of the wrong things.

Yeah, like making it shinier and giving it new sound effects, when nothing it does makes any f-ing sense.

• Members

And yet, PC/Macrosuck fans continue to bash those of us who switched to the Mac platform
:idk:

I never planned to become a Mac user. But I got so fed up with all the problems I've had with MS operating systems over the years that I finally gave up. A computer is supposed to work. I shouldn't need to be a computer tech just to browse the web and use a word processor.

Emre

I love the Mac...and you know they just released a new OS..and guess what..it works. Not only that, it actually improved on a lot of things, and at `130 bucks you don't feel like you got raped too. Very nice.

Dan

• Members

It's not that they tried too hard, it's that they expended their efforts on all of the wrong things.

+1. Their next OS is going to be what Vista was supposed to be. There were all sorts of great new features that they pulled at the last minute just to make a deadline.

And once again, I say :rolleyes::blah:

• Members

The entire reason for a computer operating system to exist is to run other things. Nobody is going to just sit around and look at the pretty operating system. Microsoft seems to have totally forgotten that with Vista. I'm sure during the development stages at Microsoft somebody must have realized, hey; this thing is a {censored}ing turkey! But corporate environments being what they are nobody is allowed to say the thing is a turkey and still keep his job. You just sit in the meetings, nod your head, keep your mouth shut and continue working on your part of the turkey.

• Members

Go to a mirror. Look at yourself. If you are wearing a tight black long-necked sweater, there's your problem right there: you're really a Mac user and just got the wrong computer by accident. Go buy a Mac. Be happy.

I don't own any sweaters. What's your point? Do you have one?

• Members

+1. Their next OS is going to be what Vista was supposed to be. There were all sorts of great new features that they pulled at the last minute just to make a deadline.

And once again, I say
:rolleyes::blah:

Well, it would appear that they took all of the wrong features out. I'd be curious to see what these other "great new features" were that didn't make the cut, and whether there's anything actually useful among them, or whether it's just another steaming pile of huge unstable resource-wasters.

• Members

The entire reason for a computer operating system to exist is to run other things. Nobody is going to just sit around and look at the pretty operating system. Microsoft seems to have totally forgotten that with Vista. I'm sure during the development stages at Microsoft somebody must have realized, hey; this thing is a {censored}ing turkey! But corporate environments being what they are nobody is allowed to say the thing is a turkey and still keep his job. You just sit in the meetings, nod your head, keep your mouth shut and continue working on your part of the turkey.

Hehe. Such is life in the corporate world. The reason I will never advance in my company any further than my current position is that I will not keep my mouth shut about such issues. I'm pretty sure I don't want that next promotion anyway, so it's not such a bad thing. :)

• Members

Well, it would appear that they took all of the wrong features out. I'd be curious to see what these other "great new features" were that didn't make the cut, and whether there's anything actually useful among them, or whether it's just another steaming pile of huge unstable resource-wasters.

A few years back, I actually snagged myself a leaked beta version of then code-named windows longhorn. It was the predecessor to windows vista.

It was so far superior to this shiny POS named vista that I can't even use words to describe it.

Archived